The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can and should beat Arsenal, at home and away so a 5 point gap is something that can definitely be reversed, there are still 24 games ahead of us.
I don't think Arsenal will win the title, but if they do? they well deserve it.

We can and should beat Arsenal, at home and away so a 5 point gap is something that can definitely be reversed, there are still 24 games ahead of us.
I don't think Arsenal will win the title, but if they do? they well deserve it.
Play like we have recently been playing against arsenal and we won't get anything against them, the last time we looked decent was against scum which is worrying.

Play like we have recently been playing against arsenal and we won't get anything against them, the last time we looked decent was against scum which is worrying.

An understatement, to put it mildly. For the first half, we were utterly unplayable.
We can be again.
Contrary to what everyone's saying, I actually wonder whether the WC may turn out to be a good thing for our players (and I repeat that I personally am not going to watch any of it). It may focus their mind on something else entirely, which I suspect is what they need at present.
Not sugarcoating the shitshow that today was: but A Long, Long Way To Go, Guys.

Who knows at the moment. Guessing 88 points. This shitty World Cup is a huge curve ball, I’m already desperate to see the back of it.

Will be interesting to see how Arsenal and Newcastle keep up the momentum given they play the same 11 every week (arsenal certainly do anyway). Without European games Newcastle will find it easier. But perhaps Pep’s tinkering will serve us well at the end, as it has over the last few years.

It’s usually around this time in a season we are at the start of a 12-14 game winning run that wins us the title.
Anything could happen this season with the World Cup thrown into the middle of it.

Maybe a slightly unpopular opinion here, but in a few of our games this season we haven’t played very well and been quite boring actually.
Don’t get me wrong we should win the league, but I think we’ve been over rated a bit at times as to how good we are this season.

24 games to go . Was always going to be a weird one with the diabolical timing of the World Cup in Qatar . I would back us 100% to kick on in the new year injuries permitting.

Who knows at the moment. Guessing 88 points. This shitty World Cup is a huge curve ball, I’m already desperate to see the back of it.

Will be interesting to see how Arsenal and Newcastle keep up the momentum given they play the same 11 every week (arsenal certainly do anyway). Without European games Newcastle will find it easier. But perhaps Pep’s tinkering will serve us well at the end, as it has over the last few years.
Newcastle will finish top 4 I think.

It’s usually around this time in a season we are at the start of a 12-14 game winning run that wins us the title.
Anything could happen this season with the World Cup thrown into the middle of it.

Maybe a slightly unpopular opinion here, but in a few of our games this season we haven’t played very well and been quite boring actually.
Don’t get me wrong we should win the league, but I think we’ve been over rated a bit at times as to how good we are this season.

Hopefully our run will come with 10 games to go and win the lot

An understatement, to put it mildly. For the first half, we were utterly unplayable.
We can be again.
Contrary to what everyone's saying, I actually wonder whether the WC may turn out to be a good thing for our players (and I repeat that I personally am not going to watch any of it). It may focus their mind on something else entirely, which I suspect is what they need at present.
Not sugarcoating the shitshow that today was: but A Long, Long Way To Go, Guys.
Interesting point about the WC & whether it may be a good break for the players. Could be that time in the sun playing matches against teams that don’t just low block and counter may make them fresher.

It must be knackering/tedious/stressful having to get through that block week in week out, perhaps today was a culmination of weeks of it. The midweek game against chelsea was a breath of fresh air because it was so open. Recent league & CL matches, dull as shit. Obviously teams will do what they can to get a result, but it must be draining to play against it all the time. Chelsea excepted, the rags at home was the last game where the opposition were willing to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.