The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this confirms why I'd rather be in all competitions than have the rest, momentum is important.

They've now had/got back-to-back weeks of sitting on disappointing draws all week until the next game. Top players would rather get that out of their system.
I agree. Although I would say the back four looks depleted, and Saka is starting to look very tired.

If we take Arsenal's form over the last couple of months, they have been running downhill for a while?

City took them to the cleaners, Arsenal bounced back with injury-time winners against United and two struggling teams in Villa and Bournemouth.

They were extremely fortunate against Palace and Leeds at home, prior to the recent capitulations at Liverpool and West Ham.
The old truism about last minute winners being something champions do has always struck me as a bit of a cliché that hides as much as it reveals. It's equally likely something runners-up do because realistically those sorts of performances will catch up with you eventually.

I agree. Although I would say the back four looks depleted, and Saka is starting to look very tired.

I think that's why Arteta has to take the blame. In the middle of the season we were keeping things fresh, bringing in Lewis etc... He's had multiple opportunities this season to play Tierney more often, Tomiyasu (before his injury), rotate Saliba or Gabriel when they were winning, start Trossard and give Saka a rest. It's a combination of pressure and fatigue getting to them I think.

The old truism about last minute winners being something champions do has always struck me as a bit of a cliché that hides as much as it reveals. It's equally likely something runners-up do because realistically those sorts of performances will catch up with you eventually.
See Liverpool in 18/19, although us winning 15 on the bounce probably had something to do with it I guess…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.