The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not the same though. For that game, with that one assumption, it arguably is. But over 8 games and the situation overall, it is a big difference.

If I look at all fixtures following the Etihad one on the 26th (and I seem to have spent a ridiculous amount of time doing that in recent weeks), we've both got tricky matches, no question, but what really jumps out at me is the one at St James's Park. The top four have only lost once at home this season (United should have bloody lost, but we won't get into that for the umpteenth time!). True, the Geordies have drawn an awful lot at their gaff — a good few more than either us or the Arse — but they're difficult to beat there. I think Newcastle are fairly nailed on for top four, frankly, but their match is at the beginning of May, and they may still have to get results going into May. Given what's riding on it, i.e. the Saudi takeover, hugely raised expectations in the city, etc., I'd expect them to fight like furies. St James's Park will be rocking. I'm more and more convinced that Arsenal are not going to take all three points there. It wouldn't even surprise me all that much if they lost.

Sackcloth, Ashes & Reality.

Interesting & differing views and opinions many of which are second guessing future events.

Fact is IF we win all our PL games we are Champions again...3 on the bounce and 5 in 6 years.

We just have to take one game at a time, concentrate on ourselves, stay in our rhythm and trust our quality.

Everything else is an unnecessary waste of emotional energy.

Concentrate now on physically urging the team over the line agin ShfU....thats our job !!

Before the PL charges:

Games 33
W22 D5 L6
Goals for: 64
Goals against: 23

Average scoreline: 1.94 - 0.70

Win percentage: 66.7%

After the PL charges:

Games 14
W12 D2 L0
Goals for: 45
Goals against: 8

Average scoreline: 3.21 - 0.57

Win percentage: 85.7%
Almost as if poking the beast is a poor strategy to hender our performance.

Another PL wet dream scenario now. No doubt high level meetings with the PiGMOL discussing what they need to do to take it to the wire.

Expect some very interesting decisions over the next few games at the top and bottom of the table.

Don’t you think PiGMOL have enough on their hands trying to keep the rags in the top 4.

Another PL wet dream scenario now. No doubt high level meetings with the PiGMOL discussing what they need to do to take it to the wire.

Expect some very interesting decisions over the next few games at the top and bottom of the table.
Reckon Brighton are going to get a “makeup” performance from officials in our game with them.

Let’s hope we have enough to overcome it.

Richard Masters' diary:
“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”
“Also, they may have dirt on me and the lads. Note to self: remember to transfer larger portion of bribes to offshore accounts this season.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.