The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The yellow line seems to be right around the time Neville decided “we don’t want to be seeing the same team winning the Premier League five times out of six seasons”.

“We” want competitive balance, after all, like the first 21 years of the Premier League when only four different teams won it (only three more than once), with United winning it thirteen times out of twenty-one seasons (62%); not this ludicrous situation of four different teams winning it over the past 9 years, with City winning it 55% of the time).

Based on the seasons before we became a force, four out of six seasons is the appropriate level of “dominance”.

EAF8-A163-2-D64-4-B2-E-9949-0-A2-EC2-AA6525.jpg

They'll get a boost on Friday. I cant see Southampton getting anything but a good hiding
I seem to remember us struggling against Palace, Brentford, a very poor Everton, and also only drawing with Forest, so, I'm not writing off Southampton at all.
Arsenal's biggest problem now is that they will have in the back of their minds:-
1. Southampton is an absolutely must win game
2. Lately they've scored 2 and fucked it up - in the back of their minds will be the thought that they need 3 goals to win. That will be in the minds every game from now on.
3. A picture of a fuckin' giant sky-blue shark chasing after them!

Everyone expects them to win and we'll be 7 points behind when we play them in the crunch match next week. If that's how it is, so be it; our job's still the same as most of the last 5 seasons; keep winning.

The yellow line seems to be right around the time Neville decided “we don’t want to be seeing the same team winning the Premier League five times out of six seasons”.

“We” want competitive balance, after all, like the first 21 years of the Premier League when only four different teams won it (only three more than once), with United winning it thirteen times out of twenty-one seasons (62%); not this ludicrous situation of four different teams winning it over the past 9 years, with City winning it 55% of the time).

Based on the seasons before we became a force, four out of six seasons is the appropriate level of “dominance”.

EAF8-A163-2-D64-4-B2-E-9949-0-A2-EC2-AA6525.jpg
Neville is a hypocritical twat, just like all his mates in the msm!!

If we take Arsenal's form over the last couple of months, they have been running downhill for a while?

City took them to the cleaners, Arsenal bounced back with injury-time winners against United and two struggling teams in Villa and Bournemouth.

They were extremely fortunate against Palace and Leeds at home, prior to the recent capitulations at Liverpool and West Ham.
Villa struggling?

I don’t think so.

I seem to remember us struggling against Palace, Brentford, a very poor Everton, and also only drawing with Forest, so, I'm not writing off Southampton at all.
Arsenal's biggest problem now is that they will have in the back of their minds:-
1. Southampton is an absolutely must win game
2. Lately they've scored 2 and fucked it up - in the back of their minds will be the thought that they need 3 goals to win. That will be in the minds every game from now on.
3. A picture of a fuckin' giant sky-blue shark chasing after them!

Everyone expects them to win and we'll be 7 points behind when we play them in the crunch match next week. If that's how it is, so be it; our job's still the same as most of the last 5 seasons; keep winning.
I think more importantly Arsenal have already dropped points to them, and Southampton do reasonably well against us because they're comfortable pressing in midfield and Arsenal have started to look a bit shaky in those moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.