The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To offset the potential disappointment of the Arse gaining points at Anfield, I backed them to win. Bet365 paid me out when they went two nil up. They dropped points. I was doubly happy.

To offfset the potential disappointment of the Arse gaining more points at the London Stadium, I backed them to win. Bet365 paid me out when they went two nil up. They dropped points. I was doubly happy again.

I will be placing a large bet on the Arse to win against Southampton.

To offset the potential disappointment of the Arse gaining points at Anfield, I backed them to win. Bet365 paid me out when they went two nil up. They dropped points. I was doubly happy.

To offfset the potential disappointment of the Arse gaining more points at the London Stadium, I backed them to win. Bet365 paid me out when they went two nil up. They dropped points. I was doubly happy again.

Watch them not offer a cash out when Arsenal go up 3 goals against Soton. ;-)

It would be incredible to repeat that feat again. I think if we did, and thereby won the league, it would have to cement this squad over the last six years as the greatest ever in English football.

That's a hell of a claim, gdm. There's many on here would agree with it. You're not saying the PL: you're saying English football.
If we were to win this year, that would make it seven titles in just over a decade — eleven years. In the seventies, Liverpool won it five times. In the following decade, six.
From the inception of the PL, in the following decade (less, in fact), United won it seven times. In the noughties, five.
I need hardly add that it gives me no pleasure to recall all this, but these are just the facts. You'll notice I'm taking no account whatsoever of cups in all this — domestic or European. There are those who argue that I should be doing.
These are bare figures, though. There are many imponderables. Money has flooded into the game over the decades — for all members of the PL, that is — and I think it can reasonably be argued that, qualitatively, it's become progressively harder to be champion in England over the thirty-eight (originally forty-two) matches. We've been pushed incredibly hard by Liverpool in several of those title chases. And once by United.
Personally, I wouldn't care to call it.
Will we continue this dominance over the next decade?
Who can foresee the future?
It's been a hell of ride, and I'm enjoying it. I know that much.

(Just checked, had the feeling that Arsenal had exercised quite a dominance in the thirties, and I was right. Five times from 31 to 38).

Last edited:
Right, now we're getting somewhere.
If both of us win every game then we still have to BEAT them to win the league right? The same as it was before they drew yesterday.
Yes - you're right, if everything else goes exactly as you've got it planned in your head then it makes no difference.

If, something impossible to imagine happens, (like West Ham coming back from 2-0 against Arsenal, or Forest managing one shot on target, and still drawing with City) then it can make a difference ;)

At the business end of last season we came back from 2-0 down in consecutive games to gain 4 points, winning the title by a single point. Arsenal have been 2-0 up in consecutive games to drop 4 points. The margins in a title race are often slim and let's hope this is an example of their mentality not hacking it. We just need to keep on winning and do our job and let them feel the pressure.

Mad that 365 rule. I keep meaning to sign up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.