The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The yellow line seems to be right around the time Neville decided “we don’t want to be seeing the same team winning the Premier League five times out of six seasons”.

“We” want competitive balance, after all, like the first 21 years of the Premier League when only four different teams won it (only three more than once), with United winning it thirteen times out of twenty-one seasons (62%); not this ludicrous situation of four different teams winning it over the past 9 years, with City winning it 55% of the time).

Based on the seasons before we became a force, four out of six seasons is the appropriate level of “dominance”.

EAF8-A163-2-D64-4-B2-E-9949-0-A2-EC2-AA6525.jpg

Staggering, isn't it? I bet Neville didn't think for one second, “Is it a good thing for the world for one team to win eight seasons out of the first ten of the new competition?” And correct me if I'm wrong,but I don't remember any pushback against it in the media — on the contrary, they were licking their arses all the way.

Staggering, isn't it? I bet Neville didn't think for one second, “Is it a good thing for the world for one team to win eight seasons out of the first ten of the new competition?” And correct me if I'm wrong,but I don't remember any pushback against it in the media — on the contrary, they were licking their arses all the way.
Given we are about 13th in the net spend league over the last 5 years and teams like united, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool (and others) have spent hundreds of millions trying to catch us, is rat boy saying it’s wrong that we’ve played better whilst spending less money? Clearly this media attitude is shared with the PL and PIGMOB and hence we have the agenda that we can all see

United won eight PL titles out of 11 between 1993 and 2003 (inclusive) and then, after a small hiatus, five out of seven between 2007 and 2013 (inclusive). At the time, the narrative was that they were setting the standards, and it was up to other teams to raise their own levels compete with them.

We all know that, if they were now competing to win it for the fifth time in six years, Neville and the rest of media would all be toeing the same old line. Fuck them.

I'm struggling to see how the gap has narrowed since April 12th.

Presumably it must be because we were expected to beat Leicester by more than 2 goals. Also there must be some rounding for the points to be even but the win % to be 58-42. It could be 88.4-87.6 or something like that.
Agreed but mainly because we conceded 2 very good goal scoring opportunities towards the end (one on one saved and another hit the post) The model looks at the result and two aspects of performance.

Last edited:
United won eight PL titles out of 11 between 1993 and 2003 (inclusive) and then, after a small hiatus, five out of seven between 2007 and 2013 (inclusive). At the time, the narrative was that they were setting the standards, and it was up to other teams to raise their own levels compete with them.

We all know that, if they were now competing to win it for the fifth time in six years, Neville and the rest of media would all be toeing the same old line. Fuck them.

But they did it off money they generated through their own success. Nothing to do with the breakaway league which was essentially where the PL came from. Nothing to do with the fact TV revenue was shared between PL clubs not the wider football league and nothing to do with the astronomical commercial success of the PL that happened to be there when they were successful.

Would love to win the league against Chelsea. Would need Arsenal to get 4 points from Chelsea H, Newcastle A, Brighton H assuming we win every game. Being able to rest our full team for the last 2 games of the season with an Fa cup final against united and champions league final would be, dare I say it, massive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.