The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to win the league against Chelsea. Would need Arsenal to get 4 points from Chelsea H, Newcastle A, Brighton H assuming we win every game. Being able to rest our full team for the last 2 games of the season with an Fa cup final against united and champions league final would be, dare I say it, massive
That could well depend on Sky and which order they schedule the Chelsea game and Arsenal's game away at forest that weekend.

The Tarquins are blaming us for them dropping 4 points from 2-0 in the last 2 games, our financial doping and autocratic lifestyle has somehow upset them?
They’ve been blaming us from boardroom to manager press conferences to fanbase more than any other club (maybe more than all other clubs put together?) for their woes over the last decade or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

In the 6 seasons from 1978-79 to 1983-84 Liverpool won 5 league titles (2, a year without, then 3)
In the 6 seasons from 1995-95 to 2000-01 United won 5 league titles (2, a year without, then 3)
He doesn’t see a problem there.

But if City win the league this season making it 5 titles in 6 seasons (2, a year without, then 3), he doesn’t want to see that?

Shut up Neville. You only don’t want to see it because it’s City!

In the 6 seasons from 1978-79 to 1983-84 Liverpool won 5 league titles (2, a year without, then 3)
In the 6 seasons from 1995-95 to 2000-01 United won 5 league titles (2, a year without, then 3)
He doesn’t see a problem there.

But if City win the league this season making it 5 titles in 6 seasons (2, a year without, then 3), he doesn’t want to see that?

Shut up Neville. You only don’t want to see it because it’s City!
To be fair, he referred to Bayern Munich who have now won it 10 years in a row?

Would love to win the league against Chelsea. Would need Arsenal to get 4 points from Chelsea H, Newcastle A, Brighton H assuming we win every game. Being able to rest our full team for the last 2 games of the season with an Fa cup final against united and champions league final would be, dare I say it, massive
Not sure we would want to be resting too many players even in that happy scenario.

Remember the CL final against Chelsea... keep playing, keep winning I say!

Michail Antonio: "I've heard this from someone who works at Arsenal. All season, they've been concentrating on themselves, playing how they play. Last week, when they drew with Liverpool and #ManCity got a bit closer, it was the first time all season that this person heard players start talking about City and how well City have been playing. They are definitely feeling the pressure from
@ManCity
chasing them."

doctor-who.gif

I see our fixture against Chelsea has been moved so we’re probably going to be Sunday Chelsea Wednesday away to Brighton and Sunday away to Brentford.

I’m surprised there’s no move on the Leeds game. Surely the league aren’t going to force us to play Sunday against Leeds then Tuesday away to Real?

The biggest obstacle I can say to us winning the league (other than an off day next Wednesday) is the amount of football we have to be play in the next while. We are due to play 11 games from Saturday to 28th of May. So 11 matches in 36 days. Going to be intense.

Not looking like Saliba & Zinchenko are playing tonight, Arteta not taking any risks, hope it backfires massively, I know it’s no comparison but Southampton have drawn at the rags & won at Chelsea keeping clean sheets in both. Arsenal are playing with a lot of jeopardy & nerves, not something most of their squad are used too in the PL, if it’s 0-0 after 20 minutes the whole place will be jittery

Not looking like Saliba & Zinchenko are playing tonight, Arteta not taking any risks, hope it backfires massively, I know it’s no comparison but Southampton have drawn at the rags & won at Chelsea keeping clean sheets in both. Arsenal are playing with a lot of jeopardy & nerves, not something most of their squad are used too in the PL, if it’s 0-0 after 20 minutes the whole place will be jittery

Rumour is Saliba maybe out for the season mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.