The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can and should beat Arsenal, at home and away so a 5 point gap is something that can definitely be reversed, there are still 24 games ahead of us.
I don't think Arsenal will win the title, but if they do? they well deserve it.
If we play the way we have been the last few weeks Arsenal will definitely do us away and possibly at home as well.

Be surprised if we get to 90 points or above
We are on track for 86 so need to improve to get that.
It’s usually around this time in a season we are at the start of a 12-14 game winning run that wins us the title.
Anything could happen this season with the World Cup thrown into the middle of it.

Maybe a slightly unpopular opinion here, but in a few of our games this season we haven’t played very well and been quite boring actually.
Don’t get me wrong we should win the league, but I think we’ve been over rated a bit at times as to how good we are this season.
Few? I think we have only played well in a few. We haven’t been good for weeks now both in the league and CL. Too reliant on KDB to play well. No one else stepping up when he doesn’t.

Arsenal will have difficult moments. Think they will drop 10 points over 7-8 games at some point of the season (that's 2 losses and 2 draws). The question is whether we'll be good enough to capitalise on their mistakes. Given our form under Pep since 2017, we are likely to go above 86 pts. Arsenal have a very good young team, but injuries and inexperience will stop them from going above 85 pts, imo, even if they are on course to 100 pts now. Things may go south quickly. As good as they are, they are not Liverpool good. Our games with them will be interesting. Maybe we'll be on form by then.

Jesus doesn't score many goals but makes Arsenal stronger. Would be a bitter lesson for his critics if he scores only 12 goals but Arsenal win the title. There's so much more to football than individual stats. Jesus is a proper team player and makes the other around him better.

I fear a level of complacency creeping in. Having Liverpool as our main rivals in recent seasons has been horrible at times, but at least we knew where we stood, and I think the players felt the same. Effectively, win every week or we are fucked. It was nervy, but the need to win was clear and it gave us the motivation.

Liverpool falling away, and seemingly leaving us as runaway champions has led to some City fans thinking that it’s a formality. It’s a strange and dangerous position to be in, especially if that sense of invincibility creeps into the team. If this team thinks they have no competition for the title, it’s easy to take the foot off the gas and all of a sudden we have pissed it up the wall.

IMO this season is currently feeling a hell of a lot like the Leicester season. There are clearly better sides than Arsenal, I’m sure even Arsenal and their fans know it. It means nothing though if you don’t perform on the pitch. Leicester won a title because all of the better sides self-imploded. At the moment it’s happening again. Liverpool have been turd. Chelsea have lost the plot and City have arguably got more points than our form deserves.

Arsenal might be good enough to only get 85 points. If the teams around them keep fucking up…it might be enough to get the job done.

Jesus doesn't score many goals but makes Arsenal stronger. Would be a bitter lesson for his critics if he scores only 12 goals but Arsenal win the title. There's so much more to football than individual stats. Jesus is a proper team player and makes the other around him better.
Say it louder for the people in the back.

They’ve got momentum but we’re only just over 1/3 the way through the season

Do they really believe they can win the league from here?

However, can we be consistent enough to put the pressure on to make them wobble , if we get back to our normal selves they will crack under the intensity of a real title race - we need a big up tick in performance after Christmas to make this happen

Arseals fixture list includes west ham, brighton, newcastle, spurs, united and everton is there next 6 id put

Citys is leeds everton chelsea united wolves tottenham. simular teams

there momentum has now stopped because of break. also are people forgetting this is a team who bottled top 4 with 4 games to go. once the pressure starts, plus the squad issue theyve not really had a injury blip yet neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.