The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dare say plenty of points will be dropped between now and the end of the season, we are going to see what our lads are made of that's for sure.

Can't wait for what is sure to be the shittest WC ever to fuck off so we can get back to proper footy and this lot can pull their tripe out.

We need to reset from the back. Get Walker Stones and Dias as first three names on the team sheet after the WC and start to defend better and keep clean sheets again.
The rest will take care of itself

Our game stats are almost identical for this and the previous season, but I can see four things that might shape our season ad the title race
  • we are shipping almost twice as many goals per game compared to the last season
  • we've played only two of the so called 'big six', compared to playing all of them in the first 14 games last season
  • Arsenal is doing what we did 2017-2019
  • the World Cup effect, as I cannot see any of our players coming stronger both mentally and physically

IMO this season is currently feeling a hell of a lot like the Leicester season. There are clearly better sides than Arsenal, I’m sure even Arsenal and their fans know it. It means nothing though if you don’t perform on the pitch. Leicester won a title because all of the better sides self-imploded. At the moment it’s happening again. Liverpool have been turd. Chelsea have lost the plot and City have arguably got more points than our form deserves.

Arsenal might be good enough to only get 85 points. If the teams around them keep fucking up…it might be enough to get the job done.
Can you compare Arsenal and Leicester? I doubt many people predicted them to win it, but they won an FA cup 2 seasons ago, were semi-finalists in the Europa League last season, have a good young manager who has been building a good young team, and have spent a load of money since. It's not exactly Leicester escaping relegation to win it completely out of the blue the next season.

Still A LOT of football to be played, though. Everyone should be taking them seriously, but we've chased down bigger leads by better teams.

I’ve no idea who’ll win the league. It looks like a 2 horse race but I wouldn’t rule out a challenge from someone else (especially given the World Cup break) - I still see City as most likely for reasons well known and stated elsewhere

It’ll likely come down to injuries at the wrong time

Anyway, I’m signing off now until after Christmas

Have a good one

Best wIshes

We need players to get back from the world cup fit says it all England picked Walker and Phillips after injuries doesn't make sense the Phillips selection.
Also the defence is missing the balance Walker would bring since his injury playing Stones out there is our best centre back to play that role.

I feel Rodri was needing a rest but with Phillips injured he has been heavily used at times. Seems to be a bit away from his best currently.

I think we have the know how to win the title again. The squad to do it how will Arsenal be when they get a injury to a important player or the pressure from there supporters come when they need a late goal for a point or win.

If Arsenal do it I wouldn't begrudge them but they need maybe 1 or 2 signings in January to add to there squad. Xhaka is a liability over the seasons gone also a bit hot headed he will get a red card or 2. We just need to remain calm and be close with 10 games to go.

We've played 14 games. No league has ever been won in November. Yesterday's result is a sickener because of the performance and the fact we have to wait more than 6 weeks to get it out of our system.
Do you think the players will care? Of course they will. They'll come back from the World Cup and want to put things right. Pep will want to put things right.
This might be the tightest Premier league in a long time. Arsenal haven't slipped up yet, they will and then it's how they respond. Plus, they play us twice. Loads of points still to be won and lost.
This team, give or take, has won 4 of the last 5 Premier leagues. We will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. So, enjoy the break, whether you watch the World Cup or not, and get yourselves ready for a fantastic last 24, yes 24, premier league games, Champions league, league cup and FA Cup. It's all to play for. CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.