The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve run the options on my commodore64 not so super computer and here’s what it says ….

If we beat Arsenal on Wednesday then the best prediction is a win away at Brighton gives us the title. The worst prediction is just needing a draw at Brentford for the title.

My predictor says we lose the title on the final day if we lose to Arsenal on Wednesday.
Sorry to be that guy but what does the super commodore64 computer say about a draw?
Will you need to upgrade to an Amiga?

If we can beat Arsenal then we have a great chance to press home our advantage as our next three look quite favourable whereas theirs look a bit more tricky.

Our next four fixtures:

Arsenal (H)
Fulham (A)
West Ham (H)
Leeds (H)

Arsenal's next four:

Manchester City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)
Brighton (H)

After that, ours get a bit more difficult and theirs look kinder.

Our last four fixtures:

Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (A)
Brentford (A)

Arsenal's last two:

Forest (A)
Wolves (H)

Basically, if we win our next four then I think we can take the title away from them in that period as I think they'll drop points against at least one of Chelsea, Newcastle or Brighton. It would be great to have a cushion going in to our last four games and especially that last week of the season (Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford) so that we can afford to drop points without it being fatal.

Basically, if we win our next four then I think we can take the title away from them in that period as I think they'll drop points against at least one of Chelsea, Newcastle or Brighton. It would be great to have a cushion going in to our last four games and especially that last week of the season (Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford) so that we can afford to drop points without it being fatal.
That's not very Manchester City though.

If we can beat Arsenal then we have a great chance to press home our advantage as our next three look quite favourable whereas theirs look a bit more tricky.

Our next four fixtures:

Arsenal (H)
Fulham (A)
West Ham (H)
Leeds (H)

Arsenal's next four:

Manchester City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)
Brighton (H)

After that, ours get a bit more difficult and theirs look kinder.

Our last four fixtures:

Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (A)
Brentford (A)

Arsenal's last two:

Forest (A)
Wolves (H)

Those next 4 games are where title can be decided.
It could happend that we need only 6 points from last 4 games to win league.

Fully agree with this. While even a draw on Wednesday evening keeps things in our hands and out of theirs, if we can beat them and follow up with convincing results in the three further games before the first leg against Real Madrid, then that will strike a big psychological blow IMO. In that event, they could find themselves going to Newcastle on 7 May under massive pressure to win to stay in the title race.

However our fixtures look, playing every midweek from now on is far from easy and there's always a chance of dropping points unexpectedly. But in terms of laying down a marker and showing the Arse just how good a team has to be to come out on top against us, this manager and core of top players are entirely capable. Fingers crossed.

Those next 4 games are where title can be decided.
It could happend that we need only 6 points from last 4 games to win league.
Or 3 points, however they could win it the day after we play Leeds.

If they draw against Chelsea and lose away in Manchester and Newcastle, us winning the next 5 puts it to goal difference into the last 3, and we would be at least 13 ahead.

Chelsea home is big if we carry on winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.