The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa was really in form and they dropped points away at Brentford.

That's the game that has me worried, we need to have it wrapped up before then because they always play us tough and I wouldn't trust refs giving calls in our favor at all if it was close.

We've let a few goals in recently again but a solid defense goes a long way in getting a result!

So we need to take care of business and keep clean sheets again. Don't need to dominate control against Arsenal, just shut them out and nick a goal or two when the chances come.

Aston Villa was really in form and they dropped points away at Brentford.

That's the game that has me worried, we need to have it wrapped up before then because they always play us tough and I wouldn't trust refs giving calls in our favor at all if it was close.

We've let a few goals in recently again but a solid defense goes a long way in getting a result!

So we need to take care of business and keep clean sheets again. Don't need to dominate control against Arsenal, just shut them out and nick a goal or two when the chances come.
If we need to beat Brentford to win the league, I’m confident this team would do that.

If we need to beat Brentford to win the league, I’m confident this team would do that.

Confidence is one thing.. the league being rigged by refs is another.. like the rags game. That rigged call changed the entire game. And we lost 3 points there.

It would be a terrible night but not a fatal one.

Had Arsenal be coming to us next Wednesday with a seven point gap and a win against us, that would likely be fatal.

I don't see how anyone can suggest a draw or win for us puts any type of seal on things?

Both teams have difficult games to come which can render a positive result on Wednesday (for either side) pretty much all still about momentum.

I would still expect us to win the title if we lost next week.

1682282884667.png

We're only 1 point ahead on form in the last 10.

Can't relax hoping they'll slip up.

Have to take care of business on our end!

Confidence is one thing.. the league being rigged by refs is another.. like the rags game. That rigged call changed the entire game. And we lost 3 points there.

View attachment 76288

We're only 1 point ahead on form in the last 10.

Can't relax hoping they'll slip up.

Have to take care of business on our end!
The last 10 is the sequence that makes it look the closest, though. If you go to the last 12, we're 6 points better than them, the last 11, we're 4 points better, the last 9 we're 4 points better. You have to go back to the last 21 games for it to be closer than 3 points in our favor (we're equal with them over the last 21).

I’ve run the options on my commodore64 not so super computer and here’s what it says ….

If we beat Arsenal on Wednesday then the best prediction is a win away at Brighton gives us the title. The worst prediction is just needing a draw at Brentford for the title.

My predictor says we lose the title on the final day if we lose to Arsenal on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.