The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah that win in 2018 the 14 game run was fucking awful, especially the two Spurs games back to back, that Saturday after they’d beat us in CL was awful.
100% agree with all that sentiment.
But it was 2019, not 2018.

Dias, Stones, KDB, Rodri rested. A weeks rest. :-)

Would have taken Haaland, Gundo, Bernardo and Grealish off straight after the 3rd goal was scored.

It would be a terrible night but not a fatal one.

Had Arsenal be coming to us next Wednesday with a seven point gap and a win against us, that would likely be fatal.

I don't see how anyone can suggest a draw or win for us puts any type of seal on things?

Both teams have difficult games to come which can render a positive result on Wednesday (for either side) pretty much all still about momentum.

I would still expect us to win the title if we lost next week.
I know what you’re saying and it’s a comfort blanket but we are going into this on a real high, great home form & they have a very average defence. If we beat them we could almost have it wrapped up at Everton because of the following 3 fixtures, 2 at home. If we beat Arsenal they will be completely shot, how many points do you then see them getting out of their next 2 v Chelsea/Newc. Let’s say they got 4 pts and we won our games that would be 3pts clear with a game in hand on the weekend they play Brighton and we play Everton. Arsenal would only have 2 games left after that.

Imagine going to Everton away in between Madrid knowing we could rest players. If we are to achieve the treble then fixtures have to fall into place, they are. (Madrid also have cops del ray final 3 days before 1st leg) I know you know all this but even the biggest pessimist like me would be shocked if they got anything at ours on Weds. (although I wouldn’t be overly surprised if they took an early lead).

Last edited:
It would be a terrible night but not a fatal one.

Had Arsenal be coming to us next Wednesday with a seven point gap and a win against us, that would likely be fatal.

I don't see how anyone can suggest a draw or win for us puts any type of seal on things?

Both teams have difficult games to come which can render a positive result on Wednesday (for either side) pretty much all still about momentum.

I would still expect us to win the title if we lost next week.
We need to beat them on Wednesday and totally deflate them
If they win they will bounce into the next three tough games
If they lose we could effectively have it won with 3 left
And with champions league and FA cup games that would really help us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.