The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing could be won at Everton, or home to Chelsea.

Absolutely mental but this month was always going to be huge with their tough games.

Last edited:
Just looking at scenarios given the flow of games... we now have:

Fulham (A) 30/04
West Ham (H) 03/05
Leeds (H) 06/05

Meanwhile Arsenal have:

Chelsea (H) 02/05
Newcastle (A) 07/05

Big assumption, but if we endeavour to win all three and Arsenal beat Chelsea then Arsenal go into the Newcastle game with us level on GP (34 each). We'd be on 82 pts, Arsenal on 78 pts.

The pressure on Arsenal would be immense. If they lose that game then we only need a maximum of 5 pts in 4 games. They are 4 tough games admittedly, but being able to drop points in three of them is a massive cushion. I think if we get past Fulham on Sunday then I'll start to gain confidence that the 7th is the night Arsenal's fate is sealed.

King's coronation, followed by City's. Very apt.

A psychological hammer blow delivered tonight.

We have proved we are better than them, we know it, they know it, everyone knows it.

COME ON CITY, it's ours to lose now.

I doubt Chelski will get anything against the Arse, but lets just say they scrape a draw. That would be 34 games 76 points for Arsenal.

We win our next 3 and we’ll have 34 games 82 points.

We’re not giving up a 6 point lead over the last 4 games of the season, even if there was a cat in hells chance of Arsenal going perfect on their last 4 games.

I’ll feel VERY confident if(when) we win the next 3.

I'm not quite with it tonight, but what points /results would need to happen for us to be able to lift the trophy at home after the Chelsea final whistle? I'd thought we had caught up in our games in hand by then but realised we won't have done. So can we win it v Chelsea?

We're heavy favourites now but games in hand are not the same as points on the board so there's still work to do.

Arsenal's confidence will be on the floor right now, we just have to be careful not to give them any encouragement in the next 10 days and I think they will lose hope if they haven't already.

Our next three games are: Fulham (A) West Ham (H) Leeds (H)

As long as we don't get complacent and we take our chances then we should be picking up 9 points.

In that time, Arsenal play Chelsea at home and Newcastle away. I'm not expecting any favours from Chelsea but Newcastle will be a really difficult game especially at St. James' Park.

If they drop any points in those two games and we win our next three then we'll be at least 3 points ahead with a game in hand when we travel to Goodison which is a tough place to go but Arsenal play Brighton straight after our match finishes which won't be easy for them either.

Our last three games look a bit tougher than their last two so we really need to take advantage of the slightly more favourable fixtures, at least on paper, that we have coming up.

Pep alluded to these next three games post-match so I think he knows just how crucial they are in terms of killing off any hope Arsenal may still have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.