The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many league titles is it going to take until we have "history"?

I don't understand. We have been dominant for 10 years now in the league, will we only be classed as having history 20 years from now because a certain amount of time has to pass before it's classed as "history"?

It's mental.

Mate, we won our first FA Cup 120 years ago and our first league trophy nearly 90 years ago. We won our first major European silverware before Liverpool won any of theirs. We have always been in the top two divisions of English football with the exception of one season. If we have no history then neither does basically the entire English League.

The reason they say we have no history has nothing to do with winning things or being around for a long time. They are using the word history as a euphemism for "old money". We are a club rich in history, but we weren't rich monetarily until 2008. It's the class system but for football clubs plain and simple and we have the temerity of not being part of the landed gentry.

So to answer your question, we could probably win trophies and make a net profit using our own funds for the next 50 years and they will still trot out this argument. What they're actually saying is "you are not worthy because you were raised poor" and they'll say the same of Newcastle.

There is some hope that with enough time people's opinions will stop being so ignorant but I won't hold my breath.

Arsenal season to date form has them finishing on 90 points.

Even if their form drops to 2 points per game, they will finish on 85.

Our season to date form has us finishing on 84 points.

Even if we up our points per game to 2.5 (winning 5 games out of 6) we’ll only finish on 88.

It’s going to be very tough.
I posted this on the 26th of Feb. For context, Arsenal has just beaten Leicester and Villa. We'd just beaten Bournemouth after a disappointing draw in Nottingham.

Since then, their form has dropped to 2 points per game (18 points in 9 games) whereas ours has jumped to 3 points per game (18 points in 6 games).

Arsenal's PPG this season is now 2.27 and has them finishing on 86 points.

Ours is now 2.35 and has us finishing on 89 points.

The goal difference will help us because it's effectively an invisible point in our favour now. They won't make up 13+ goals in 5 games.

The moral of the story is to always back Pep and this City team.

How many league titles is it going to take until we have "history"?

I don't understand. We have been dominant for 10 years now in the league, will we only be classed as having history 20 years from now because a certain amount of time has to pass before it's classed as "history"?

It's mental.

FUCK …. think there’s a 50/50 chance I’ll be dead before I can tell people about City’s history !

Calm down, nothing is won yet , one game at a time , go out to win every one , none of this we can drop points here and there etc

In our hands but last night will be wasted if the lads are not focussed
Well said Kaz.

Kyle Walker was asked if beating Fulham means we win the league and he answered he thinks beating them is pretty much "job done".
I think Pep should have a word with him because beati them is definitely not job done, and if we do beat Fulham we still have another 6 league games to play.

We cannot afford to lose focus at any time, especially if we want to win the treble, and winning that is 11 games away. Every game supercedes the last game for importance at this stage of the season so it's one game at a time, as Pep has said, and rightly so.

One game at a time of course, but the next 3 games give us an excellent chance. Arsenal's next three are tricky and winning ours can put us in great shape and give us a bit of room to manoeuvre going into the last four which will be very difficult with a CL semi final sandwiched in there.

They can get 90pts. I think they'll get 86.

We need 17/21pts to win the title. Win our next three and it becomes 8/12 which gives us enough breathing room I think. And that's based on Arsenal winning all of their games.

I will be shocked if Arsenal take five points from those three games.

I posted this on the 26th of Feb. For context, Arsenal has just beaten Leicester and Villa. We'd just beaten Bournemouth after a disappointing draw in Nottingham.

Since then, their form has dropped to 2 points per game (18 points in 9 games) whereas ours has jumped to 3 points per game (18 points in 6 games).

Arsenal's PPG this season is now 2.27 and has them finishing on 86 points.

Ours is now 2.35 and has us finishing on 89 points.

The goal difference will help us because it's effectively an invisible point in our favour now. They won't make up 13+ goals in 5 games.

The moral of the story is to always back Pep and this City team.
Or…. If they continue their form of 2 points a game over the next 5 games, they finish on 85 points. If we continue our form of 3 points per game we finish on 94 points.

I like.

I will be shocked if Arsenal take five points from those three games.

They'll beat Chelsea, draw at Newcastle. Beyond that I think they'll take 4pts from Brighton and Forest but not sure which one they'll drop points in. Brighton have a lot of games coming now, they're not equipped for it and I can see Arsenal winning at home, but away at Forest will be very difficult for them. They'll beat Wolves.

That was my rationale for 86pts. But I'm working to 90pts for now. We take care of ourselves then the title is ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.