The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re slowly starting to turn on each other too. I was chatting some Arsenal lot after the game last night and they were telling me half the team aren’t good enough now. The same people were waxing lyrical about everyone they had in the cup game. Surprisingly they were giving it Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus quite a bit. They think Zinchenko is an awful defender and they don’t like his attitude. They think Gabriel Jesus needs too many chances to score to be a decent number 9. They said they would prefer them gone. It’s a toxic club through its core, that’s all I can say.
Seems they know a fair amount about football tbf.

Seems they know a fair amount about football tbf.

I’d expect they do, but the point is, they’re entitled and toxic, they turn on their own, when things go against them. Every fan and club are guilty of that in a way, but generally, I feel City as a whole are pretty good with it. We might feel a certain way about players, but we don’t really go shouting about it. We just ask for more from them. It’s been a very long time since City fans mutually turned on a player, especially during the season and wanted him out. Regardless of how bad we thought he was.

Arsenal can't stop conceding and Chelsea can't score.

Something has to give.

I'd also say just by the law of averages, at some point Lampard won't lose... This would be a good one for that to happen.

Maybe 1-1, with Sterling getting the equaliser. That'd be nice.
Jesus and Sterling showing them how to score

94 as I can see use winning the remaining 7 - hopefully it will be decided before the last game

People maybe underestimate how much Chelsea and Arsenal hate each other?

They are indeed shit, but they have individual talents who can pull something together and I think Frank will at least lay it on the line what it means to Chelsea fans to stop Arsenal winning the title.

I will be far calmer should we win our next three, as Arsenal will simply run out of games.

But I would never doubt us going to win at Brighton and Brentford if we have to.

For Chelsea to win they need Lampard to pick a team that can score a goal. He's gone so defensive, it's almost as if he thinks he's still at Everton. They played a back 5 with Kovacic, Enzo, Kante and Gallagher behind Sterling...at home to Brentford. Having said that a 0-0 would be just fine too!

If we get 12 points from our next 4, and Arsenal get 6 points from their next 3, then we can win the league on the weekend of the 20th/21st of May.

Arsenal plays away at Forest on the 20th. A loss would mean we've won the title before playing Chelsea the following day. A draw means they could only match our points (so we would have basically won the league without being a mathematic certainty - this would be the best option IMO).

I'll take winning the league in any way - but it's always better to win the league when we play - especially if we can do it vs a big 6 rival like Chelsea in front of our home fans.

If they crumble and lose against both Chelsea and Newcastle, we could theoretically win the league at Goodison Park on the 14th.

The absolute main thing is that we win our next 3 games. We can't let them off the hook from here.

This is really the only thing that matters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.