The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry guys you have this wrapped up. We wont get anything vs Newcastle. We'll also give Chelsea their only win in a long time. I can only hope theres a way we crash out of top 4.

If we get 12 points from our next 4, and Arsenal get 6 points from their next 3, then we can win the league on the weekend of the 20th/21st of May.

Arsenal plays away at Forest on the 20th. A loss would mean we've won the title before playing Chelsea the following day. A draw means they could only match our points (so we would have basically won the league without being a mathematic certainty - this would be the best option IMO).

I'll take winning the league in any way - but it's always better to win the league when we play - especially if we can do it vs a big 6 rival like Chelsea in front of our home fans.

If they crumble and lose against both Chelsea and Newcastle, we could theoretically win the league at Goodison Park on the 14th.

The absolute main thing is that we win our next 3 games. We can't let them off the hook from here.
Perfect scenario !!

And it gives us a chance to take our foot off the gas for the tricky final week away games and save energy for the cup final while the rags are going life and death to finish in the top 6

I’d expect they do, but the point is, they’re entitled and toxic, they turn on their own, when things go against them. Every fan and club are guilty of that in a way, but generally, I feel City as a whole are pretty good with it. We might feel a certain way about players, but we don’t really go shouting about it. We just ask for more from them. It’s been a very long time since City fans mutually turned on a player, especially during the season and wanted him out. Regardless of how bad we thought he was.
I mean about the two players you mentioned. They’re not wrong in that Zinc can’t defend and Jesus is as potent as half an aspirin.

I mean about the two players you mentioned. They’re not wrong in that Zinc can’t defend and Jesus is as potent as half an aspirin.

Yeah they’re right, but I’d still have them back personally. Only as squad players, Jesus playing on the right though. I think Zinny was better than Gomez, but he still has a lot of time. Although, re Zinchenko, I know the scouts were told to look for CBs. as Pep wanted to play 3 CBs, towards the end of last season for various reasons. I think if Ake had gone we would’ve actually signed a CB replacement. Cucarella was touted as a player to play an alternative system, which is why they went for a cheap option in Gomez, who was scouted as an alternative to Zinny. If he stayed then he probably would’ve played as much as Gomez, so I understand why it was agreed for him to move. Now the landscape has changed slightly further with 4 CBs or 3 CBs proffered in the starting 11. It gives an alternative style of play, it’s interesting.

Last edited:
When a couple of our bench players when signed and are then considered the stars of out title challengers then it explains the chasm between the teams , pundits are commenting that the Goons didnt play well , which is bollocks we didnt allow them to play well.
If we had played the Goons a couple a months ago they would have made a game of it , like they did at the Emirates , but a young and inexperienced side and manager was never going to stay the pace , unless another club is capable of amassing more than 90 points then whilst Pep is our manager the title will be staying at the Etihad for the forseaable.
This isnt arrogance its a simple statement of fact , we have a squad of winners who after the xmas period tend to slot into to top gear and leave other teams for dead , only the Dippers have given us a run for our money and look what has happened to them , Clubshop has flogged them into the ground and now need £500m to get back on track.
The future is bright and its BLUE.

Dont worry guys you have this wrapped up. We wont get anything vs Newcastle. We'll also give Chelsea their only win in a long time. I can only hope theres a way we crash out of top 4.
Not a chance you’ll miss top 4 ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.