The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I luv posting this…

Liverpool first won the FA Cup 61 and 59 years after City and Everton respectively.

Up until 1973 City and liverpool had the same number of major trophies each, 8 so if City have no history when did liverpools history start?
1974?

I reckon that Wednesday's game really struck an important psychological blow in our favour. Most neutrals seem to reckon it's done now, even though there's still quite a bit of football to be played, but looking at the internet a lot of their fans do as well. That was borne out for me yesterday when I spoke to two good friends, both Arsenal fans (who don't know one another), and I'd be surprised if their players don't think so as well, even though they won't admit it in public.

After their defeat to us in February, they put together a run of wins that really led them (IMO both within the club and among the fans) to believe they had a great chance of claiming the title. The three draws they had immediately prior to this week's match punctured that belief somewhat, but if they'd come and taken even a point from us, that would have given them renewed hope. Instead we not only beat but actually battered them, and they know it.

We now play again, at Fulham, before their next game. If we win, we put even more pressure on them when they face Chelsea on Tuesday, a game which on current form you'd think they really should win. Then we play twice more, against West Ham and Leeds, before their subsequent fixture. As I posted on Tuesday, four victories for us before the Real tie could see them go to Newcastle on 7 May with a four-point deficit and really needing to win. Well, now we have one down, three to go.

So come on Blues. Let's be ruthless and really put Arsenal under pressure in the coming fixtures. Unfortunately, after beating them at their place in February, we dropped points at Forest in our next outing (even though we played quite well in general, I thought, and it was simply a case of missed chances). Anyway, let's have no slip-ups this time!

I had the misfortune of watching extended highlights of the Chelsea game from the other night. If Arsenal don't completely hammer them, then they've truly fallen apart.

I luv posting this…

Liverpool first won the FA Cup 61 and 59 years after City and Everton respectively.

Up until 1973 City and liverpool had the same number of major trophies each, 8 so if City have no history when did liverpools history start?
Told my Liverpool supporting mate from Hampshire about the FA Cup win stat a few years ago, at first he thought I was making it up. Never been to Anfield but a life long red by the way.

I luv posting this…

Correct. City won the FA cup, League cup and a European competition before Liverpool. We had the same number of trophies, before the Moores Familly took over the majority shares in the club, in 1972. Although, the Moores family were already pumping in money from Littelwoods, as earlier as the 60’s, such as buying the second most expensive ever player whilst in Division 2(now the Championship).

I luv posting this…

Correct. City won the FA cup, League cup and a European competition before Liverpool. We had the same number of trophies, before the Moores Familly took over the majority shares in the club, in 1972. Although, the Moores family were already pumping in money from Littelwoods, as earlier as the 60’s, such as buying the second most expensive ever player whilst in Division 2(now the Championship).
Spit will not be aware of this. The turncoat.

I luv posting this…

There success was of the back of gambling money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.