The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are not beating Newcastle IMO. The atmosphere at that game will be huge and the Newcastle players will be feeding off of that.

Although tbf I also confidently predicted that Arsenal would smash Southampton so what do I know!

Think I’m correct, if Arsenal drop 3 points in their next 3 games; Chelsea at Home, Newcastle Away & Brighton at Home, and we win our next four, we can win the league at home by beating Chelsea.
If we get 12 points from our next 4, and Arsenal get 6 points from their next 3, then we can win the league on the weekend of the 20th/21st of May.

Arsenal plays away at Forest on the 20th. A loss would mean we've won the title before playing Chelsea the following day. A draw means they could only match our points (so we would have basically won the league without being a mathematic certainty - this would be the best option IMO).

I'll take winning the league in any way - but it's always better to win the league when we play - especially if we can do it vs a big 6 rival like Chelsea in front of our home fans.

If they crumble and lose against both Chelsea and Newcastle, we could theoretically win the league at Goodison Park on the 14th.

The absolute main thing is that we win our next 3 games. We can't let them off the hook from here.

Arsenal are not beating Newcastle IMO.

Arsenal are not likely to beat Newcastle. I'd give them 30% chance. But 30% is not that bad, so we'll have to wait and see.

Think it's highly probable that Arsenal won't win all of the remaining 5 games. Thus it's highly likely that 4 wins and 3 draws would be enough for us to win the title.

I hope we keep our feet firmly on the ground with the mindset of 10 or potentially 11 more cup finals to go. We can't let all the hard work slip. We are now in control and just need to see it through. I'm personally hoping Arsenal drop points in 2/3 games and do the job for us.

Key things is for our lads to stay fresh, injury and suspension free. Was good to see Pep replace Gundo and Kev on Wednesday as their legs had gone. It's just a shame we can't rotate Rodri.

Having been there last night, I'm convinced if we win our next three this coming week, we will win it with a couple games to spare.

90-91 points and a five point gap to Latte FC.

Would love us to have it wrapped up before the last 2 games - Brighton and Brentford both away are pretty tricky games.

I had the misfortune of watching extended highlights of the Chelsea game from the other night. If Arsenal don't completely hammer them, then they've truly fallen apart.

Arsenal can't stop conceding and Chelsea can't score.

Something has to give.

I'd also say just by the law of averages, at some point Lampard won't lose... This would be a good one for that to happen.

Maybe 1-1, with Sterling getting the equaliser. That'd be nice.

Having been there last night, I'm convinced if we win our next three this coming week, we will win it with a couple games to spare.

90-91 points and a five point gap to Latte FC.
Latte FC I like it...
Decaf skinny 1 shot latte coming right up
Soz I used to make coffee for a job haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.