The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took a while to get going and we had some poor results whilst Pep was working out how best to use Erling. But that, he has done.
We are a different beast to last season. We can play pass, move, pass, move, trying to break down low defensive blocks. But more importantly, we can mix it up with a long ball and fast counter attack. We are stronger on set plays and our defence has looked the most solid it has looked in a long time.
Our bench has game changers every game.
The only thing stopping us now is complacency / arrogance. I’m damned sure Pep will be reminding his players of that every training session and every game.
Let’s keep that blue machine rolling. 7 more wins in the league and 3 in the Cups will do nicely thank you. CTID
4 wins in the cups I would say, although a draw in the first match would probably do.

I would be interested to see what the goals against is done Ruben came back in and we changed the system. It seems like we have been rock tight at the back since then.
Might have looked better at the back but still haven't seemed to keep too many clean sheets, 4-1 seemingly the new favourite scoreline.

I would be interested to see what the goals against is done Ruben came back in and we changed the system. It seems like we have been rock tight at the back since then.
Obviously the system change has made a big difference, but he didn't play in four of our five defeats this season.

He also didn't play in the Spurs, Liverpool, or United games where we conceded twice but won.

There was an interesting article from Karen Bardsley about Ederson not havign a bad season despite a run of not saving shots - One fact she brought up was that when he was going through a supposed rocky patch, we were blocking very few shots, something we've improved a lot recently, and as a result not put Ederson under so much pressure - I suspect that's a lot to do with Dias leading by example.

Obviously the system change has made a big difference, but he didn't play in four of our five defeats this season.

He also didn't play in the Spurs, Liverpool, or United games where we conceded twice but won.

There was an interesting article from Karen Bardsley about Ederson not havign a bad season despite a run of not saving shots - One fact she brought up was that when he was going through a supposed rocky patch, we were blocking very few shots, something we've improved a lot recently, and as a result not put Ederson under so much pressure - I suspect that's a lot to do with Dias leading by example.
Ederson had a few games where his distribution went a bit awry but thankfully he seems to be well over that and has been flawless in recent matches.

I actually think we may have gotten very lucky with how the fixtures have panned out.

Arguably, the best time to play teams placed 8th-14th is in the last 5 games when there’s not much to play for. They aren’t going to be relegated and European football may be beyond them by the time we play. We have three away games and a home game versus that group still to come. West Ham are also a win away from safety which could take the pressure off them a bit (would be great if they can beat Palace).

Leeds and Everton worry me more because they have a lot on the line.

I actually think we may have gotten very lucky with how the fixtures have panned out.

Arguably, the best time to play teams placed 8th-14th is in the last 5 games when there’s not much to play for. They aren’t going to be relegated and European football may be beyond them by the time we play. We have three away games and a home game versus that group still to come. West Ham are also a win away from safety which could take the pressure off them a bit (would be great if they can beat Palace).

Leeds and Everton worry me more because they have a lot on the line.
Don't think West ham will be getting that win at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.