The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvarez is the difference maker. I said after the Fulham game, that it reminded me of Palace away last season. Lacking ideas against an organised defence and no one really willing to shoot or try something different. A few chances came and were wasted. This time whilst we weren't at our best, with Alvarez and Haaland in the side we shoot. Doesn't matter if it's 6 yards out or 30 yards out we've got players who are willing to put their foot through the ball. Alvarez is key to our success in my opinion. Still largely under the radar. Hard working, intense, close him and he'll spin you or out muscle you and play someone in. Stand off and he'll bang one in the top corner. He gives us a lot of what we miss with De Bruyne being out. People keep seeing Aguero with him, he's much more of a Tevez.

Know what you mean, but I think Alvarez actually struggles more with touch-tight defending, especially when teams defend the length of the penalty area?

He looks more effective when he is facing someone up and running from a little deeper.

There is also a tendency for him and Erling to occupy the same areas. Unless Gundo is able to thread something cute between the lines, I place a lot of responsibility on the wider players driving inside the full-backs.

Grealish, Bernie and Foden give us that penetration. I feel opponents are still more comfortable if everything comes down the middle and Kev isn't on the team sheet?

I expect tonight and Leeds won't be pretty to watch. Early goal, and I will feel confident the spaces might appear.

Would really like to see Phil play tonight and Saturday, he’s really direct which is great against anyone parking the bus and he needs toy get sharp ahead of the Madrid matches. I’d say KDB will be given time to recover this evening and maybe given an hour on Saturday. Bernardo was rested for most of Sunday’s match so no doubt he starts tonight.

Mahrez was dreadful on Sunday but it may be worth giving Grealish and himself a half each. I wonder if we’ll rest Stones this evening.

I don't want to see Mahrez start these next two. Teams know he wants to cut in. Think he is better primed for taking on Madrid again?

Draws the fouls with European ties / referees that's why I won't be surprised if he starts in Madrid,but won't be in on merit as he's crap,and we all know it.

Draws the fouls with European ties / referees that's why I won't be surprised if he starts in Madrid,but won't be in on merit as he's crap,and we all know it.

I'd be offering Bernie, Mahrez's wages on top of his existing, if I thought it would convince him to stay and Mahrez was open to a move instead.

Both at different stages of their careers now. Bernie is hitting his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.