The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a hard a run in as we have faced.
Not sure that's true. 18/19 was Palace away (having already dropped points at home), Spurs at home (peak Poch's after tough CL game), United away, Burnley away (peak Dyche), Leicester at home (when Vardy always caused us problems), and Brighton away. Where any dropped points would mean Liverpool won the title. This run-in looks like a walk in the park in comparison.

This is going to be a hard a run in as we have faced, tonight is the easiest game on paper but the fact remains that West Ham need points to secure their place in the PL.

Leeds if they change to Fat Sam, won't be easy, we WILL have one eye on the Madrid tie.
Leeds, Chelsea and Everton have 1 win between them in the last 6 games. That’s 1 in 18 when taken together. West Ham and Brentford are in the bottom half of the form table and Brighton will be on the beach by the time we play them. This is the easiest run in we’ve had.

Not sure that's true. 18/19 was Palace away (having already dropped points at home), Spurs at home (peak Poch's after tough CL game), United away, Burnley away (peak Dyche), Leicester at home (when Vardy always caused us problems), and Brighton away. Where any dropped points would mean Liverpool won the title. This run-in looks like a walk in the park in comparison.
Exactly.
We've got a load of lower to mid-table shite to play, so, chin-up you bunch of fanny wipes.
This is the best City squad and team EVER with the most terrifying goalscorer leading the line that we've ever had!
Get a grip, FFS.

This is going to be a hard a run in as we have faced, tonight is the easiest game on paper but the fact remains that West Ham need points to secure their place in the PL.

Leeds if they change to Fat Sam, won't be easy, we WILL have one eye on the Madrid tie.

Yep, both West Ham and Leeds will set-up the same, defend the 18-yard box and try and nick a point. They have bigger games to come and would see a draw as good as a win.

I'd be less worried if we had Kev tonight, but we may struggle for creativity in the final third.

Big games for Grealish. He will be vital to get us inside the box. Would like to see Foden in the ten and Bernie on the right, maybe?

Yep, both West Ham and Leeds will set-up the same, defend the 18-yard box and try and nick a point. They have bigger games to come and would see a draw as good as a win.

I'd be less worried if we had Kev tonight, but we may struggle for creativity in the final third.

Big games for Grealish. He will be vital to get us inside the box. Would like to see Foden in the ten and Bernie on the right, maybe?

Alvarez is the difference maker. I said after the Fulham game, that it reminded me of Palace away last season. Lacking ideas against an organised defence and no one really willing to shoot or try something different. A few chances came and were wasted. This time whilst we weren't at our best, with Alvarez and Haaland in the side we shoot. Doesn't matter if it's 6 yards out or 30 yards out we've got players who are willing to put their foot through the ball. Alvarez is key to our success in my opinion. Still largely under the radar. Hard working, intense, close him and he'll spin you or out muscle you and play someone in. Stand off and he'll bang one in the top corner. He gives us a lot of what we miss with De Bruyne being out. People keep seeing Aguero with him, he's much more of a Tevez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.