The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought arsenal continued to look competitive against West ham.

City still 1/2 on to win the league though, now 8 points behind (Leeds to come tonight). That's short odds for that situation.

Thought arsenal continued to look competitive against West ham.

City still 1/2 on to win the league though, now 8 points behind (Leeds to come tonight). That's short odds for that situation.

The way city fans, the media and the bookies are writing Arsenal off is truly bizarre to me.

They look the real deal and I’d have them as favourites at this stage.

I can see this going right to the wire.

The way city fans, the media and the bookies are writing Arsenal off is truly bizarre to me.

Arsenal have not been involved in a title race now for some time and normally collapse at some point. Last seasons failure to reach the top 4 is evident. Can they win it? Sure but hopefully City can start a run tonight.

If we are capable of wining 8-10 matches on the spin which we have done previously then I see no reason to panic. Our defending is the main concern. Need to manage the games a lot better once we go ahead.

Last edited:

Most Arsenal fans have written them off it seems, they’re expecting a City charge. I agree though, I think this is going to the wire, they are playing well as a team.

Most Arsenal fans have written them off it seems, they’re expecting a City charge. I agree though, I think this is going to the wire, they are playing well as a team.

And they’re not stacked with a load of bottle jobs who still have latter era Wenger hangovers.

They’re a proper side with a manager who is going to go on to be world class. We need to take them seriously.

Arsenal have not been involved in a title race now for some time and normally collapse at some point. Last seasons failure to reach the top 4 is evident. Can they win it? Sure but hopefully City can start a run tonight.

If we are capable of wining 8-10 matches in the spin which we have done previously then I see no reason to panic. Our defending is the main concern. Need to manage the games a lot better once we go ahead.
I am not as confident that our defence can sustain a long run of games without defeat. No vinny type characters in the current squad. We’ll see -miracles have been our specialty.

And they’re not stacked with a load of bottle jobs who still have latter era Wenger hangovers.

They’re a proper side with a manager who is going to go on to be world class. We need to take them seriously.

I do take them seriously. You've got to take a team that's only lost once and drawn once since the beginning of the season seriously. (And by all accounts the loss to United was undeserved). They're not a brilliant team, far from it, but their strength is they have no real stars and they are playing as a team, for each other. We can definitely do it, we've seen that six times in ten years, but I more and more believe that everything will hinge on our two games with them. Minimum, we've got to take a point at the Emirates, and three at the Etihad.

There'll be very different pressures on the teams in their respective European competitions, I think arsenal can justifiably begin to play weaker teams in the Europa IF the league starts to look a very realistic chance, while city absolutely cannot afford to do anything but full strength in the European cup.

I think nearly all assertions against arsenal's chances seem to lie in their squad depth and their propensity to collapse, but they're mentally different this season, not a Wenger squad. I'll accept their squad is thin though. City have plenty of form issues, but a deeper squad.

Pep will take them and Arteta seriously I am sure, but it feels like the Leicester season where everyone thinks they won't keep it up and they'll fade as the pressure mounts. It only will if we keep on their coat tails. We are good enough to do that of course. Perhaps it's written in the stars that we'll pip each of the old Sky big three on the final day of a season, there's only Arsenal missing from that.

They are favourites and we will have to play out of our skin to retain the league. There are plenty of other threats out there as well it's about time some of us (albeit a minority) acknowledged this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.