The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't finish within ten points of City.

I expect both teams to drop a few points in January, but City are the only team equipped to bounce back from defeats and put a decisive sequence together when it matters.

I don't expect us to start closing the present gap and overhaul it until early March.

Liverpool, United and Newcastle will be of more concern for Arsenal, when it comes to it.

City fans would do well to relax and remind ourselves that the road will have a few more bumps yet.

Agreed. We've been pushed to 90+ points a couple of times by a phenomenal Liverpool team - a team which has proven themselves to grind results out when not playing well. They're the scary teams.

Arsenal are winning games right now but they're playing brilliantly. I'm not being funny but you don't play well every single one of those 38 games across a season. I'm not sure they have the characters in that team to either;

1. Pull them through a match they're struggling in (Gabby being injured helps us there) or,
2. React well to a defeat and bump in the road

The league is ours. We're full of big-game and big-moments players. De Bruyne is the pinnacle of that and as long as Haaland is on the same pitch as KDB is when he's in that mood, goals will be scored. The whole team is equipped to win and stand strong/tall when needed.

Working on the assumption that we attain 90+ points again this season that would mean Arsenal need to gain 21 more points this season as compared to last (69 versus 90), I don't think that is statistically probable? Or do you think we will fall short of recent seasons and make up some of the gap for them?
My concern is we have played 1 team in the top 4 up to now, that was Newcastle and we struggled against them, we have 2 games against Spurs who always seem to get something from us, we have yet to play Arsenal who are capable of getting something off us, still to play the dippers at home and the rags away, and Chelsea home and away, and Newcastle again, due to cancellations etc this season it has left us with some tough games still to play, Arsenal have played most of the top teams already

My concern is we have played 1 team in the top 4 up to now, that was Newcastle and we struggled against them, we have 2 games against Spurs who always seem to get something from us, we have yet to play Arsenal who are capable of getting something off us, still to play the dippers at home and the rags away, and Chelsea home and away, and Newcastle again, due to cancellations etc this season it has left us with some tough games still to play, Arsenal have played most of the top teams already
Arsenal next 4 games
Brighton a
Newcastle h
Spurs a
Man utd h

Not worried at all. 90 points may do it. The squad is looking very strong this year. If everyone is fit I really can't see a weak point. Give it 5 weeks & see how injuries have cleared up. Signing Akanji was a masterstroke given City's propensity for injuries at centre half. Phillips I'm sure will get up to speed now he's had a rocket up his behind. Lewis, Jwe, Palmer are real quality. Our strongest squad ever?

Arsenal have also only played 1 team in the top 4.

Arsenal have got a tricky next 4 games.
However, our first 5 games in the new year include Chelsea and rags away and spurs home and away.
We won't win all of them so hope arsenal drop a god few points or we could be well behind.

Working on the assumption that we attain 90+ points again this season that would mean Arsenal need to gain 21 more points this season as compared to last (69 versus 90), I don't think that is statistically probable? Or do you think we will fall short of recent seasons and make up some of the gap for them?

No idea I just think it’s mental to write off any team who are 8 points clear at Christmas.

Even if we beat Leeds it’s 5 points.

I think the lack of nail biting is exclusively down to it not being the scousers or United.

Not worried at all. 90 points may do it. The squad is looking very strong this year. If everyone is fit I really can't see a weak point. Give it 5 weeks & see how injuries have cleared up. Signing Akanji was a masterstroke given City's propensity for injuries at centre half. Phillips I'm sure will get up to speed now he's had a rocket up his behind. Lewis, Jwe, Palmer are real quality. Our strongest squad ever?

Agreed re Akanji but Philips has all the hallmarks of a dud to me.

Arsenal have got a tricky next 4 games.
However, our first 5 games in the new year include Chelsea and rags away and spurs home and away.
We won't win all of them so hope arsenal drop a god few points or we could be well behind.
Arsenal are on course to break the 100 point record, and if they do that then as far as I'm concerned we shake their hands, congratulate them and move on to next season. I don't think they'll get over 90 based solely on the fact that it's fucking hard to do, having seen it close up, but if they prove me wrong then they prove me wrong.

I do think 8 points (with a game in hand) can do weird things to some supporter's pyschology, mind. Not the first time over the years I'm glad Pep and the boys are a bit calmer than some folks on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.