The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea I just think it’s mental to write off any team who are 8 points clear at Christmas.

Even if we beat Leeds it’s 5 points.

I think the lack of nail biting is exclusively down to it not being the scousers or United.
I agree that writing Arsenal off isn’t a great idea as they do look pretty strong. But one factor that shouldn’t be overlooked is that going into February, we’ll still have to play them twice. That gives it a slightly different flavour to previous title races and the opportunity to overcome a significant points gap.

No idea I just think it’s mental to write off any team who are 8 points clear at Christmas.

Even if we beat Leeds it’s 5 points.

I think the lack of nail biting is exclusively down to it not being the scousers or United.
I'm not writing them off but I'm a maths man and statistically the chances of a 21 point swing in one season are vanishingly small.
It's not really "Christmas" in the traditional sense, that would be 18 games we have only played 14.

Agreed re Akanji but Philips has all the hallmarks of a dud to me.
Hasn't that ship sailed? City don't buy duds anymore. Not since cheeky implied the players personality/mentality are the most important characteristics. I suppose time will tell but it's pretty disheartening for a fan when they fork out for a season ticket & their club buys a dud. I wish sometimes players wages were performance related. They may not always play but performance related could mean turning up fit for starters. It doesn't seem like Phillips was motivated to turn up fit for the last game....its a problem when a club has already committed to a 4 year deal on what is it.....100,000 per week?

I agree that writing Arsenal off isn’t a great idea as they do look pretty strong. But one factor that shouldn’t be overlooked is that going into February, we’ll still have to play them twice. That gives it a slightly different flavour to previous title races and the opportunity to overcome a significant points gap.
Normally would agree but I don't think we've quite yet clicked as a team.

We have changed formation to accommodate Haaland and pushed KDB further forward to support him and provide assists. It's working in that we are scoring plenty of goals of course but with Haaland and an ageing KDB we don't seem to have the energy to be able to press high consistently and this is leading to the opposition having more time on the ball to play through us. Our overall team play seems a bit below what we have come to expect in recent years as a result.

I'm sure Guardiola will find a way to get it working but I'm not convinced that this will be our season.

I'm not writing them off but I'm a maths man and statistically the chances of a 21 point swing in one season are vanishingly small.
It's not really "Christmas" in the traditional sense, that would be 18 games we have only played 14.

If you're talking about what Arsenal achieved last season, as opposed to what they could achieve this. Well, not very long ago Liverpool F.C. finished the 2017-18 season on 75 points. The following season, when they pushed us so very, very hard, they finished on 97. That is a monumental swing (which no-one saw coming, I think). That Liverpool team was a somewhat better one than this current Arsenal one, in my opinion, but we are not playing very well, really, for the minute. Will we kick into top gear? Will Arsenal start to fold as the season progresses? Who knows?
But a 21-point swing is at least possible. Since a 22-point swing has happened in recent memory.

We beat United, they didn't.

And United will finish top four.

I think our problems this season are defensive.. we've given up 14 goals.. the attack has been awesome.. even better than expected.

I think we need tightening up defensively and then we can get to 95+ points which is what I think will be needed to win the league this year.

Arsenal can lose 3 more times and still end up with a 100 points so it'll be a high points total to win the league this year!

A new LB in january would make sense.

Correct…assuming you win both games…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.