The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the pendulum swings again with City playing before us Saturday with an almost certain nailed on win against a woeful Everton whereas we have a tricky tie away to Brighton

I hope we are still challenging come April

Pretty confident we will be more than 3 points ahead by the time we play them in February.

If you're talking about what Arsenal achieved last season, as opposed to what they could achieve this. Well, not very long ago Liverpool F.C. finished the 2017-18 season on 75 points. The following season, when they pushed us so very, very hard, they finished on 97. That is a monumental swing (which no-one saw coming, I think). That Liverpool team was a somewhat better one than this current Arsenal one, in my opinion, but we are not playing very well, really, for the minute. Will we kick into top gear? Will Arsenal start to fold as the season progresses? Who knows?
But a 21-point swing is at least possible. Since a 22-point swing has happened in recent memory.

All outcomes are possible but probable outcomes heavily favour a City title again

Heavily? I think that's the only overstated part. Take it out and I'd go along with it. The key games, I more and more believe, are the two head-to-heads.
Given Jesus being out for months, should we fail to strengthen this window our challenge will likely falter away and even then if we lose any more key players to injury then I stand by my more pessimistic view.

We just don’t have your squad strength and that’ll take time to achieve and wholly dependent on getting top 4 this season

So, the pendulum swings again with City playing before us Saturday with an almost certain nailed on win against a woeful Everton whereas we have a tricky tie away to Brighton

Insecurities coming out. You are in a title fight. If you want it you must be able to withstand a city onslaught as we will not give it up easily.

Everton will pose their own problems. No game is easy no matter how shite the opposition are supposed to be. The heat is starting to turn up now.

The pendulum hasn’t even started yet. We’re 15 games in, we’re still playing games that should have been played in November. Arsenal have been the best team in the league so far, but there’s still so much football to get through. Looking at Aprils fixtures for both teams, if we are less than five points behind you, we’re still going to be the favourites.

Insecurities coming out. You are in a title fight. If you want it you must be able to withstand a city onslaught as we will not give it up easily.

Everton will pose their own problems. No game is easy no matter how shite the opposition are supposed to be. The heat is starting to turn up now.

Hmmm…insecurities? Not so. I always thought we’d struggle over a season to match City given your squad strength however I’m enjoying challenging so far and hope we can maintain it.

The pendulum hasn’t even started yet. We’re 15 games in, we’re still playing games that should have been played in November. Arsenal have been the best team in the league so far, but there’s still so much football to get through. Looking at Aprils fixtures for both teams, if we are less than five points behind you, we’re still going to be the favourites.
You’re the favourites now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.