The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm…insecurities? Not so. I always thought we’d struggle over a season to match City given your squad strength however I’m enjoying challenging so far and hope we can maintain it.
Remember Leicester in an extraordinary season, this season could be the same with the season reset during the World Cup, will Gabriel or Xhaka have the mental strength or will they crack under pressure?

Working on the assumption that we attain 90+ points again this season that would mean Arsenal need to gain 21 more points this season as compared to last (69 versus 90), I don't think that is statistically probable? Or do you think we will fall short of recent seasons and make up some of the gap for them?

Why not? They already have 19 points more now than at this stage last season. If it is possible over 15 games why not over 38? And it is absolutely possible, because it has happened many times. We had a 22 point swing ourselves Pep's second season compared to his first. Liverpool had a 24 point swing the year they finished second on 97. There will be lots more examples of teams having significant swings in points to previous seasons, so it is very much 'statistically probable'.

I really don't get this arguement that because they had so many points last year, or the year before or whatever, they can only get a maximum of whatever plus a percentage more than that.

They have only lost one game so far. It is a long season and many more games to play, but they are currently top for a reason. If we overtake them, we will show we are there for a reason too.

Remember Leicester in an extraordinary season, this season could be the same with the season reset during the World Cup, will Gabriel or Xhaka have the mental strength or will they crack under pressure?

I do remember Leicester and a remarkable achievement

But that is such a one off

Xhaka and Gabriel have now grown up…

I do remember Leicester and a remarkable achievement

But that is such a one off

Xhaka and Gabriel have now grown up…
Suppose we’re waiting for a William Gallas type moment from one of the two mentioned, or a Xhaka red card in a big game, I’m impressed with the momentum you’ve built up & so far managed to maintain, like us you’ve got some big tests coming up & having Newcastle on the fringes should keep us both honest, on the face of it it’s looking like we will see a good clean fight, but it would be interesting if the mind games start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.