The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it 5th - 7th get Europa and 8th gets Conference? I can never remember if we get 2 or 3 Europa places.

Re the general worry/don’t worry discussion about the league, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge we have the complication of the UCL semi final matches interrupting the PL run in. I’m also confident we’ll secure the title, but the impact of those 2 games might play some role.
To the best of my knowledge, 5th and 6th get Europa, and 7th get Conference league..

Lets hope Brighton can take points off them ...Brighton should at least cause them problems.

I think our CL games against Madrid will cause us issues in the league...Pep will have to rotate at least a little and we have seen a drop off in levels when he has brought the subs on in the last few games.

Lets hope Brighton can take points off them ...Brighton should at least cause them problems.

I think our CL games against Madrid will cause us issues in the league...Pep will have to rotate at least a little and we have seen a drop off in levels when he has brought the subs on in the last few games.
He has no need to rotate we play Madrid Tuesday then Everton on the Sunday barring injuries we go strong and roughly the same team in the next couple of games,then see where we stand,I posted before about this,tiredness shouldn’t be an issue players should be chomping at the bit with big big games in this run in for a possible treble..

I’d rather be in our position than theirs. It’s going to be very tight though. I think their blip is over and therefore we need 8 more points. Hopefully win the next three.

the perfect thing to happen is if we were to end any chance of Real going through this Tuesday and that means a 0-4 win, not going to happen but wouldnt raise an eybrow if it did, if its a tight scoreline it affects the Everton,Real Madrid and Chelsea games, it may be the Chelsea game we struggle with due to fatigue, it was so important Newcastle got something yesterday this would have given us a larger margin for error

So what if arsenal beat newcastle. We would of took this position were in a few weeks ago. If we need to win at Brighton then we will win. I remember 2012 when we had to win at Newcastle, 2014 when we had to win at Everton, 2019 had to win at the rags and we did.

Arsenal fucked it up in April. Too late for them now.
yes you are correct, people though are right to be sliightly worried, end of the day 2 x wins and 2 x draws from 4 remaining despite what Arsenal do, i wouldnt bet against us screwing it up, its no big concern if we use one of those draws up against Everton, we'l be fine

He has no need to rotate we play Madrid Tuesday then Everton on the Sunday barring injuries we go strong and roughly the same team in the next couple of games,then see where we stand,I posted before about this,tiredness shouldn’t be an issue players should be chomping at the bit with big big games in this run in for a possible treble..
Re the “see where we stand” comment, I’m not sure that applies here, in sense that I can’t see any first leg outcome which varies the decisions we make about the need to go as strong as possible in the second leg (short of say a 4-0 defeat on Tuesday, which is extremely unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.