The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confident we will win the three games we require.
Agreed. Arsenal will drop points too imho. They weren’t under any pressure yesterday and put in their first decent full 90 minutes in a while. If we slipped up and the pressure to perform was back on I reckon the jelly legs would return.

Not a theory I would like testing though.

The Gulls winning would be best, imo.

Having Everton desperately needing 3 points and coming out to try attacking us would set things up nicely for Sunday.

Everton should not be a problem. we have 4 days of rest and training and Everton have only one more day more than us, and they have travel to Brighton for their match. We should get the job done unless Pep prioritises the home match vs real and does something like resting Rodri..

There is also the fact Everton would need to go for an actual win against us if they lost tonight, which is easier for us than the usual bus we face!
I don't think them needing a win would make any difference to how Dyche would set them up to be honest. He would still believe the best way to beat us is to sit deep and hit us on the counter. He's not stupid enough to take us on as he knows that's only going to end one way.

I'm actually more confident about us getting a result there now that Arsenal have beat Newcastle as Pep will have no choice but to field his strongest team whereas I think he would've rested a few had they dropped points.

I think it will be really close, but I have a lot of faith in this team to see it through. I wasn't expecting Arsenal to get three points this weekend, and they definitely have an easier run-in. But I do think we have enough margin to see it through. Hell, we might win all our remaining matches, but I think a PL that goes to the wire might just cost us in the other two competitions.

We really need to show our teeth in these last matches. The Leeds match was a little concerning. I hope our boys don't think they've already won it.

Pep should be able to make 5 changes from the Madrid game & still be very strong.
I think some of the recent end of games have shown that we arent as strong once those changes are made....the players that are coming on are lacking some cohesion/rhythm and that effects the performances......the big issue is Rodri's position ......we cannt rotate him as he has to be in all the games now....we cant risk resting him unless we have a game truly wrapped up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.