The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no need to rotate we play Madrid Tuesday then Everton on the Sunday barring injuries we go strong and roughly the same team in the next couple of games,then see where we stand,I posted before about this,tiredness shouldn’t be an issue players should be chomping at the bit with big big games in this run in for a possible treble..
Mentally they should be chompng at the bit as you put it - i agree.....

But physically, someone like Rodri you would ideally rest potentially....like you say he probably wont but its a risk....Stones is another....I think that Leeds game was the last game where we can look at the opponent and say we can maybe get away with playing a weakened team....Everton is the easiest on paper but Goodison is a hard place to go to and you would be expecting them to be fighting tooth and nail.

Everton should not be a problem. we have 4 days of rest and training and Everton have only one more day more than us, and they have travel to Brighton for their match. We should get the job done unless Pep prioritises the home match vs real and does something like resting Rodri..
He won't rest Rodri till the game's won.
Everton will be backs to the wall for 75 minutes, if not the full 90 - a point for them against City is like gold dust. Hopefully, Big Earl will rediscover his shooting boots this week and put both games to bed safely - and Everton early.
(Sorry Fight like a girl and Toffeedude.)

I fully expect Arsenal to win all their emaiing games.

We still have a hell of a job on our hands, given our extra workload in Europe and the FA Cup and the toll it takes on both mental and physical energy.

We can do it, but no silly messing about with penalty takers, and no soft late goals given away, please. And sensible team selections please, Pep!

However much we want the league, the club and the players will prioritize the 2 games with Madrid.

Everton will be a makeshift side. Once the semi final is over we will try and win the last 3 league games if we need to.

Hoping Pep makes a load of changes, we get the 3 points we desperately need and you go on to win your final 3 games to the title.

However much we want the league, the club and the players will prioritize the 2 games with Madrid.

Everton will be a makeshift side. Once the semi final is over we will try and win the last 3 league games if we need to.
Everton will absolutely not be a make shift side Pep is not stupid.

On paper and given what we have seen from City since the charges gave the team added incentive I agree, however I have this nagging ‘law of averages’ feeling. I had it at the end of last season and luckily was totally wrong, but one day one of these tight finishes is going to go against us. Just hope it’s not yet.
I just think we look and act like we're fully focused, knowing we've been in this position before and knowing what we have to do to win.

I also think Pep knows the significance of winning three titles in a row.
It is such a hard thing to do and if we do it, we will be one of only 5 clubs ever!
That achievement alone would be huge for our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.