win brighton
win brentford
draw madrid win pens
draw united win pens
draw ac/inter milan win on pens
draw everton
draw chelsea
win brighton
lose brentford but wolves score an injury time winner off a penalty awarded after the final whistle blows
draw madrid win pens
draw united win pens
draw ac/inter milan win on pens

Everton’s win at Brighton makes us more likely to beat them I think. They’re at the bottom for a reason and poor teams don’t suddenly start stringing together wins against top of the table teams.

Even the fatigue factor might not be that relevant - we’ve only had one fewer day of rest than them and anyhow we’re used to grinding out results every few days.

If we beat this lot as expected, Arsenal might very well implode against Brighton under extreme pressure

So i'm going for us to win tomorrow and then Brighton to respond and get a result at the arse! The Forest game next week isn't a given for them either, Forest need the points still, so i think they'll drop points there too.

So a huge week coming up for us now, 3 wins please blues!

COME ON CITY!!!

Everton’s win at Brighton makes us more likely to beat them I think. They’re at the bottom for a reason and poor teams don’t suddenly start stringing together wins against top of the table teams.

Even the fatigue factor might not be that relevant - we’ve only had one fewer day of rest than them and anyhow we’re used to grinding out results every few days.

If we beat this lot as expected, Arsenal might very well implode against Brighton under extreme pressure
I agree, if they had lost to Brighton thry would be in a world of shit and have to come at us for a win, now I think they will be more cautious and hope to get a draw,

Good point about Dyche’s mindset regarding team selection. Everton’s games after playing us are Wolves (away) and Bournemouth (home) - two teams that will very possibly be on the beach by then. That’s where he’ll be looking to pick up whatever points they may need.
I think Wolves illustrated that they are today with that pathetic performance. The gamble for Dyche is Calvert Lewin with him being so injury prone.

By any objective measure this group of players is the greatest domestic force in English football history. The stats are unparalleled. Points accumulated, trophies won, records broken. Trying to win every trophy they enter. Battling every season on multiple-fronts. The squad’s manifest mental strength. There is simply no cogent argument against this statement.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but this team deserves, at the very least, some cautious optimism from every City fan.

Anything less is wholly illogical.

By any objective measure this group of players is the greatest domestic force in English football history. The stats are unparalleled. Points accumulated, trophies won, records broken. Trying to win every trophy they enter. Battling every season on multiple-fronts. The squad’s manifest mental strength. There is simply no cogent argument against this statement.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but this team deserves, at the very least, some cautious optimism from every City fan.

Anything less is wholly illogical.

Being wholly illogical is the default starting point for many City fans.

Many can’t move on from always expecting the very worst and anything else is a bonus.

Give it another 20 or 30 league titles and people might slowly begin to come round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.