The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being wholly illogical is the default starting point for many City fans.

Many can’t move on from always expecting the very worst and anything else is a bonus.

Give it another 20 or 30 league titles and people might slowly begin to come round.
I think it’s more the default starting point for their personality types, rather than their support of City.

I think it’s more the default starting point for their personality types, rather than their support of City.
Nah, just perennial loser mentality; a generation of offspring are gonna look at family lineage and say ‘pussyclarts’ lol

Winning should be celebrated by our kin, which is still in our infancy in terms of evolution; give it another decade and it will eradicate worthless grains in sands of time; pinch yourself, we are living it!

By any objective measure this group of players is the greatest domestic force in English football history. The stats are unparalleled. Points accumulated, trophies won, records broken. Trying to win every trophy they enter. Battling every season on multiple-fronts. The squad’s manifest mental strength. There is simply no cogent argument against this statement.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but this team deserves, at the very least, some cautious optimism from every City fan.

Anything less is wholly illogical.

Yes and no pal. Down to the individual, at the end of the day, hence we have the flapper v clapper 'culture wars'.

I agree with you, fwiw, and am pretty damn optimistic.

Brighton needs to stand up today. they have to show the world they are good enough to influence the title race. :)

cant believe that before today's fixture of Everton-City and Arse-Brighton there was a match on Monday between Brighton-Everton 1-5. you could not make it up making Everton so much more confident and buzzing on staying alive and probably making Brighton become deflated a bit.

anyway lets do our job, get the 3 points by any means, 1-0 lucky with with a deflected own goal from Everton will do it, and put pressure on Arteta once again.
otherwise if we drop points Arsenal wont need any pep talk before the match.

By any objective measure this group of players is the greatest domestic force in English football history. The stats are unparalleled. Points accumulated, trophies won, records broken. Trying to win every trophy they enter. Battling every season on multiple-fronts. The squad’s manifest mental strength. There is simply no cogent argument against this statement.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but this team deserves, at the very least, some cautious optimism from every City fan.

Anything less is wholly illogical.

One day we are going to lose a tightly fought run-in (hopefully not this season) because if you're in enough of them it's inevitable. And I'm already dreading what that's going to do to the doom merchants on here.

One day we are going to lose a tightly fought run-in (hopefully not this season) because if you're in enough of them it's inevitable. And I'm already dreading what that's going to do to the doom merchants on here.
They’ll be pontificating about their prescience and crowing ‘I told you so’ whilst conveniently forgetting the numerous previous occasions their tedious flapping has been wholly misplaced.

Very true - it will be apocalyptic on here!
To add a little context, nine title races in the PL era have gone to the last day of the season. We’ve been involved in four and (as we know) have a 100% success rate. The rags have played the most with five involving three wins plus two unhappy endings. And the ones we all enjoy are the scousers - no victories and three doses of last day heartbreak, all at our expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.