The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true - it will be apocalyptic on here!
To add a little context, nine title races in the PL era have gone to the last day of the season. We’ve been involved in four and (as we know) have a 100% success rate. The rags have played the most with five involving three wins plus two unhappy endings. And the ones we all enjoy are the scousers - no victories and three doses of last day heartbreak, all at our expense.
The difference is that all 4 of ours were in our own hands on the last day. We’ve never gone into the last day needing the other team to drop points, whereas United have done. Losing it when we could have won it would be much worse than losing it when it was in the other team’s hands.

Yes and no pal. Down to the individual, at the end of the day, hence we have the flapper v clapper 'culture wars'.

I agree with you, fwiw, and am pretty damn optimistic.
I think we should set up an award for Flapper of the day on the MD Thread infact the competition could be extended into a season long event.

We lose today and it’s still in our hands ( not that we will) , so the pressure is less. I’ve said all along I suspect we will get it done.Win today and Sunday then one win from 2 job done
Let’s like some more pressure on Arsenal see how they go .

Very true - it will be apocalyptic on here!
To add a little context, nine title races in the PL era have gone to the last day of the season. We’ve been involved in four and (as we know) have a 100% success rate. The rags have played the most with five involving three wins plus two unhappy endings. And the ones we all enjoy are the scousers - no victories and three doses of last day heartbreak, all at our expense.
Has any team gone into the last day of the Premier league season in first place and ended up losing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.