The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I knew they’d lost it was when they went 1-0 down at home to West Ham a week or two ago. They went into this huddle but they, particularly Zinchenko, were panicky and shouty. We would be cool and steely eyed at that point early in a big game . You could see their bottle had gone as a whole team.

Not really.

Many of us believed this would happen.

And a few called us crazy because of it, despite there being plenty of historical data to support it being a potentiality.

Proclamations that it “was over” and “we will never catch them up” were laughable given precedent.

They are even more laughable now.

Many blues will never leave Maine Road, for better or worse.
Fucking A.

Some posters think confidence in this team is based in arrogance, or is ‘rag like’ but it isn’t. It’s based on this being the best group of players ever assembled in this country. And backing them to do what they’ve done before. That seems pretty logical (that word again!) to me.

I guess people can’t help how they are hardwired.

@Jack Hackett always came across well imo and doesn’t deserve the stick he gets.

That said, he can have buck loads of told you so tonight!

Thanks for that and much appreciated.

Congratulations, Mancs, on another title. I was at the Emirates today and Brighton did a number on us but frankly, I thought they were the better side. We looked jaded and kind of proved my point in countless posts on here from early in the season when I knew we didn’t have the strength of depth to cover injuries to key players. Anyway, no excuses, you have the strongest squad in the league so no surprise. I hope you win the treble by the way and if not, at least squash Man U at Wembley.

Enjoy your summer and for me it’s cricket time now. Hoping Kent can surprise me and do something (unlikely) and more importantly, we win the Ashes!

See you in August.

Fucking A.

Some posters think confidence in this team is based in arrogance, or is ‘rag like’ but it isn’t. It’s based on this being the best group of players ever assembled in this country. And backing them to do what they’ve done before. That seems pretty logical (that word again!) to me.

I guess people can’t help how they are hardwired.

Your analysis is of course, correct

Arsenal couldn't handle the pressure.
Earlier in the season Nelson would have scored 100% and they would have won the match. As they did several times.

Winning when you have to takes much much more. We had our tough moments over the years but we did learn how to get there where we are now, and no team in England is better at that right now.

Hope we can push Real off their high throne next Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.