The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was never in doubt when Arsenal started to fatigue that we would be in this position. The 2-2 against Liverpool was the starting point of this, then not long after we were in a position in which we just had to win our last nine games or so.

One of those was against them and I knew we would win, but not as resoundingly as we did.

When we need to win a huge amount of games going into a business end of the season to win the title, we always do it without fail and with flair.

The mental fall out from the magnitude of this bottle job plus the rigorous added pressure and fatigue from the champions league next season and I don't think we'll be battling them again. This is going to do some damage to the gunners, such a shame.
Just like Newcastle in 95-96, they couldn't handle the pressure.

Huge shock, this. Really didn't think our run of form nor Arsenal's run of form were possible. This turnaround has been unbelievable, so too has Arsenal's collapse.
Not really.

Many of us believed this would happen.

And a few called us crazy because of it, despite there being plenty of historical data to support it being a potentiality.

Proclamations that it “was over” and “we will never catch them up” were laughable given precedent.

They are even more laughable now.

Many blues will never leave Maine Road, for better or worse.

I never thought Arsenal would win the title. Barring the world of all cock ups they won't. If they had been second all season they would be celebrating as they have been fantastic. However, punching above their weight I think. Next season Liverpool may be back and Brexit Jim may buy Ralph Milne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.