The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly didn’t think we had a long winning run in us.Robbed at the sty and done at Spurs I just couldn’t see it.
Arsenal were thinking they could pull it off though.Huge celebrations and fist pumping…kissing the badge even though you just signed and to be fair they were well ahead often maybe just one loss from us away from being too far away.
Sure they went off the boil but one of the reasons is they were stalked like prey.
Inexorable.Impossible to stop or prevent.I googled it just to be sure and that has been our team and today it hit home that we had their number.
Credit to Arsenal and their manager for a magnificent season but boy what times are these.
Drink it in blues and lets just hope this inexorability continues if that’s even a word.

Also remember what rat boy said on the overlap when arsenal were eight points clear city will win the league with seven to eight points clear what ever you think about him he said it as a pundit through his experience as being there himself with the scum fair play he said pressure does it to you unless you've been there before
I think everybody thought IF we could put Arsenal under pressure they’d crack, but didn’t look like we’d sort ourselves out for quite some time. Thanks Premier League for trying to stop us, it’s won us the fucking title!!!

I'd like to see us win it at home in front of the fans, so the perfect result on Saturday is Forest and Tarquins drawing.

Title won to all intents and purposes, but it means a draw against Chelsea confirms it rather than having to win to confirm it.

This was posted by an Arsenal player on Instagram when they won at Fulham with 11 games to go. (Note the fingers on the clock '11-2 go')

I screenshotted it at the time and sent it to every close mate who's a blue and said, they've dropped a bollock here with this.

Massive inexperience. Massive mistake. Thought they had it wrapped up in March. Clowns.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514-182857_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230514-182857_WhatsApp.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 152
Social media posts about salary caps should be brought in to stop us winning titles.
I posted that Chelsea & Utd are above us in wage bills but lots of posts saying we just lie and pay under the table haha.
Fuck em all, they are hurting sooooo much
If they are conviced we pay under the table what does salary cap change?

Huge shock, this. Really didn't think our run of form nor Arsenal's run of form were possible. This turnaround has been unbelievable, so too has Arsenal's collapse.

Our uptick is very 18/19-esque - we've been playing like the opposition are constantly one point behind us like Liverpool were that year. The difference being Arsenal haven't kept up the pace like they did.

Arsenal's form might seem shocking until you realise the higher they tracked, the further they had to fall. Look at it this way:

Arsenal Pts:
1st Half 21/22 = 35 pts
2nd Half 21/22 = 34 pts
1st Half 22/23 = 47 pts
2nd Half 22/23 (so far) = 34 pts

By their own standards they haven't done terribly this second half of the season, they have simply reverted to type.

Arsenal have had a great season, and much better than anyone could have expected for them. A lot of this came from their torrid start, and that was possible because they caught a lot of teams off guard with their pressure, intensity and skill. They just didn’t have the depth to make it the whole season. Losing Saliba really did them in. He is very good.

We have such a reputation for chasing teams down now, that it is such a psychological advantage.

Trent called it, that we don’t go behind in these games.

Other fans say it’s boring your 2 up by HT.

Not sure what it is, but we obviously plan to peak at this time of the season (to the detriment of early season, so when we do drop some points early on that is a consequence).

Scousers getting giddy by beating a not up to speed Man City team in community shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.