The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who knows my posts on here over the years will know I’m zinchenko’s biggest fan. Absolutely adore the guy. Love his attitude.

I also played American football at a pretty decent level (and even did a threepeat myself) and went on to coaching so I know a good bit about sports psychology.

I honestly think Zinchenko and Jesus(and arteta even) probably cost arsenal the title here and it was always going to pan out like this.

I can imagine early in the season, the fresh voices constantly saying “this is how we did it at city” and it adding gravitas to their locker rooms. Heck I said it when we let them leave we may regret selling a winning attitude to them.

But fast forward and a pendulum swings.

City are hunting them and every single time they are near zinchenko or Jesus they are now ominously saying “this is how we did it at city” in a completely different context. It must have added so much dread to every single incident and game.

A weight that haunted them each and every time.

And here we now are.
I can't imagine two new boys at the club kept banging on to all the arsenal teammates and coaching staff every day about how they did things at city

Both seem like respectful guys and likely followed Arteta, rather than thinking they know better than everyone else

I think your pseudo psychology has created a scenario that probably never happened.

I can't imagine two new boys at the club kept banging on to all the arsenal teammates and coaching staff every day about how they did things at city

Both seem like respectful guys and likely followed Arteta, rather than thinking they know better than everyone else

I think your pseudo psychology has created a scenario that probably never happened.

They’ve literally bought in two champions to add it to their team.

It’s no different to when Mancini brought in vieira in 2010, which ironically Micah Richards mentioned alongside him today.

Anyone who knows my posts on here over the years will know I’m zinchenko’s biggest fan. Absolutely adore the guy. Love his attitude.

I also played American football at a pretty decent level (and even did a threepeat myself) and went on to coaching so I know a good bit about sports psychology.

I honestly think Zinchenko and Jesus(and arteta even) probably cost arsenal the title here and it was always going to pan out like this.

I can imagine early in the season, the fresh voices constantly saying “this is how we did it at city” and it adding gravitas to their locker rooms. Heck I said it when we let them leave we may regret selling a winning attitude to them.

City are hunting them and every single time they are near zinchenko or Jesus they are now ominously saying “this is how we did it at city” in a completely different context. It must have added so much dread to every single incident and game.

And here we now are.
I see it myself in my own company. I used to work for an industry leader in a certain field. I left and now I work for a plucky underdog along with other people who used to work for the industry leader.
The point is my colleagues always trot out the line, “This is what we did at…” You can see the other staff members roll their eyes. It doesn’t work.

And here we now are.
You're not wrong.

This is a clip from an official club interview with Zinchenko...

You're not wrong.

This is a clip from an official club interview with Zinchenko...

Good find.

I saw this when we played arsenal. About 45 minutes before the game cameras caught their players in the tunnel and they looked gaunt. Would have rather been anywhere else.

Zinchenko doing the huddles, grabbing lads to whisper in their ears pre game, it’s been there the whole time. The inevitability of city coming like a plague and zinchenko being the lad with “the end is nigh” bell and sign.

Battered again on xG today. So much for xG.
That's what I thought, but they had six attempts inside the six yard box.

I think that we tend to give a lower weight to attempts from corners as they tend to happen in a flash, so there's no time to think of it as a great chance. If City have a lot of possession followed by someone being given time outside the area and hitting a twenty yard shot a few feet wide feels, then all that build up and the obvious build up to the shot make it feel like a big chance.

The reality is that a lot more of those headers from a yard out result in goals, so it's not s surprise that Everton had a high xG. On another day, if you give an opponent six attempts within a few yards of the goal, theirs a good chance one or two will go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.