The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the xg debate goes round in circles, but no one is disputing that the final score isn't the most important stat going. But you can't tell me you've never come away from a game saying "we had so many chances to win there, how have we lost?" or "got away with one there". XG is just putting a number on those feelings. If you don't like it, ignore it. But I promise you coaching staff all find these stats useful.
To me xG never truly reflects on the game in terms of how a team should of scored more. Like you can get loads of headers from corners and can easily pad those stats out. Again like I said in the other post you can have a low xG but can still score more than the opposition.

Surprisingly good article from Danny Murphy:

That facet to this squad is criminally underreported. And unacknowledged by some on here, lamentably.

Their metal resolve is incredible. Eleven wins on the spin and counting. At the business end of the season. Whilst still fighting on all extant cup fronts.

Pep is a fucking genius.

FwH2DCPXgAE7gJm

To me xG never truly reflects on the game in terms of how a team should of scored more. Like you can get loads of headers from corners and can easily pad those stats out. Again like I said in the other post you can have a low xG but can still score more than the opposition.
Of course actual goals are what counts, but they don't always reflect how well a team played.

The headers from corners wouldn't really be padding the stat., because if they were low quality chances, they'd have a low xG. So, even if you had ten headers, but all under pressure and at odd angles, that would be difficult to score from, they wouldn't add up to a high xG.

They stat looks at where the player is, how much pressure they're under, and the defenders in front of them, and whether they're 'set' to defend or off balance. It then compares it to the thousands of other goals scored in the top divisions and works out how many times a typical player will score in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.