The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need 3 points to win the League! Thread title is wrong.

Goal difference should be ignored (even though it looks unassailable. We'll win the league when we hit 88 points (assuming Arsenal don't drop points again in their next match).

Surprised Arsenal fell off a bit off a cliff the way they did. Really thought it might be difficult to real them back as when I watched them they looked a very good side. What I had not fully appreciated until watching us demolish Arsenal at home was just how good we are - it was an incredible performance , and just how fragile the Arsenal self belief was.

I do suspect the mentality of other sides is now severely effected by the fear we have instilled in the opposition due to the absolutely relentless way we churn out results when it matters. Any mistake in the run in we ruthlessly take advantage of.

Its not done till its done but assuming we are crowned champions again this year it will just reinforce the fear factor going forward as they will have seen us pull Arsenal back from an incredible position and motor on past. Arsenal fans had largely given up even when they had an 8 point lead as they never believed they could maintain it over us and I think we saw this permeated through the club and players.

In many ways Arsenal did the hard bits beating Newcastle , Chelsea and racing in to a 2 goal lead against Liverpool but just got scared of losing something they never had in the first place instead of retaining focus on each game letting the league take care of itself. Its what I do as a fan on occasions but thankfully Pep and the players never seem to lose focus and stick to the plan - win , win and win again.

I don't get Arsenal conceding the title and all the pundits saying it's done. It's never over until the fat lady sings. Sure it's very difficult and I hope to God it is over but this scenario changes it entirely. Arsenal beat Forest on Saturday. One point behind, they have one game left. Everyone then expects us to beat Chelsea on Sunday.....but...we draw or lose. We then have two very tough away games and need two, or one point, providing as expected Arsenal beat Wolves on the final day. We lose at Brighton. It's then squeaky bum time on the final day. Now of course we all hope Arsenal.lose to Forest on Saturday and it's party time on Sunday. Please God.
I can never tell if some posters are serious. We are 1/250 and Arsenal are 80/1. Remortgage the house and get it on Arsenal.

I now would not be surprised if Forest won. I wouldn't have said that even after we smashed Arsenal at the Etihad. But you could just see the deflation in them yesterday. It was like air going out of a balloon. And Forest are not quite, totally safe. No, I wouldn't be surprised.
Forest are a long long way from being safe! But a point or three on Saturday will help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.