The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the difference with us, you never really had to sweat. With Liverpool, they ran u to the last day. Your team was probably laughing at the thought of Arsenal taking the title xD

I don't think so. Arsenal really reminded me of Leicester and Liverpool the year they won it.

You can get enough momentum pre Christmas to be uncatchable. It looked similar. I don't think City would have enjoyed being so off the pace whilst arsenal were on such a run to be fair to you. We've seen it in the past where that head of steam can be uncatchable. I think that Arsenal run since Liverpool opened a huge door for City who know how to take advantage and really lay on the pressure.

I don't think I've said Arsenal will win it but football is a funny old game and as an old long suffering Blue I never relax or take anything for granted until it's definitely over. Even then I'll want a second opinion lol.
Yep. Think there will be lots of fans of a certain age will now be feeling the euphoria of yesterday wear off and beginning to feel some of the nerves come back. Won't be losing sleep but always a pang of doubt in the back of the mind something could go terribly wrong - with this side though we don't seem to accept it lying down and think whatever happens on Wednesday they will be up for mullering Chelsea on Sunday.

Day out in London today. Been for a lido swim & now next door in the craft beer pub. Haven't seen anyone in an Arsenal top yet!

Having moved down here a year ago, i can tell you there have been thousands in the last 6 months, and i'm South London, couldn't move for them....

Strangely enough, last week or so, not seen a single one. Must be a coincidence...

I don't think so. Arsenal really reminded me of Leicester and Liverpool the year they won it.

You can get enough momentum pre Christmas to be uncatchable. It looked similar. I don't think City would have enjoyed being so off the pace whilst arsenal were on such a run to be fair to you. We've seen it in the past where that head of steam can be uncatchable. I think that Arsenal run since Liverpool opened a huge door for City who know how to take advantage and really lay on the pressure.
City should have gone above Leicester that Xmas, the 0-0 with a few sitters missed would put us top and changed that season.

We imploded in Feb with 3 losses in a row, and then we were done, especially as the first was at home to Leicester.

City should have gone above Leicester that Xmas, the 0-0 with a few sitters missed would put us top and changed that season.

We imploded in Feb with 3 losses in a row, and then we were done, especially as the first was at home to Leicester.

yep, we kept stuttering and they'd keep winning. By the time we got to the Champs league knockouts we were distracted and out of the title race.

I guess the difference with us, you never really had to sweat. With Liverpool, they ran u to the last day. Your team was probably laughing at the thought of Arsenal taking the title xD

They were on track for a 100 point season at one point and will probably hit what, 83-87 points?

They are a very good team. I think there'll be a lot of respect for them.

We do have better players overall but I'd say Odegaard, Saka, Saliba would definitely be starting or pushing to start for City. I'm not sure any other team in the league has 3 players who'd do that.

They should stick with Arteta and the plan and keep layering in quality players. A DM and a right back are crucial imo.

They might not be challenging for the title every year but if they just keep doing the right things consistently then they will be there or thereabouts for the next few seasons. They are miles ahead of United and Newcastle imo, although I suspect Liverpool will be back under Klopp once they have a good centre mid.

I also think Arsenal getting in the CL is a disaster for the other London clubs in the transfer market, especially Chelsea.

We need 3 points to win the League! Thread title is wrong.

Goal difference should be ignored (even though it looks unassailable. We'll win the league when we hit 88 points (assuming Arsenal don't drop points again in their next match).
You think Arsenal are scoring a minimum required 18 goals in two games? (Based on if City lose their next three games 1-0)

Our GD is effectively an additional point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.