The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even a draw isn't enough for Arsenal. We could lose all three remaining games and we'd still be champions. On goal difference. And Forest definitely need the point/points. We could be celebrating on Saturday evening. Although it would be bittersweet if we go out of the CL.

We don't actually. They could draw, we could lose. You said it yourself. We're not going to lose a twenty-goal advantage in three games. That's another advantage of the weekend results: it swung the GD another six goals in our direction.

Nah. It's done.
Let's get it won on Sunday so we can enjoy a trophy presentation in front of our own fans.

Unfortunately I think the only way there isn't a pitch invasion is if Forest beat Arsenal on Saturday night (ie sown up before we play) or we capitulate against Chelsea...

The worst aspect is the hanging off/demolishing of the goals plus potential injuries to players with hopefully two finals still to come.

The fixtures have fallen well for us this weekend. Arsenal play before us vs Forrest who also play before Leeds so they need something from the game.

It may be all over by the time we play Chelsea - I can genuinely see Arsenal dropping points against a team at home fighting to save relegation. At the very least we will know exactly what we have to do.

You are hoping for sanity from fans that are one of or a combination of :-

Stupid
Hyper
Pissed
Coked up
Selfish
Want to record it on their social media bollocks
Want to be seen on telly hugging a player coz they were there
I used to love the old spontaneous pitch invasion, done out of pure joy. I remember being on the pitch after we beat Birmingham at Maine Road. But as you say, the reasons nowadays seem more selfish and pre-planned than spontaneous.

I used to love the old spontaneous pitch invasion, done out of pure joy. I remember being on the pitch after we beat Birmingham at Maine Road. But as you say, the reasons nowadays seem more selfish and pre-planned than spontaneous.
I went on the pitch after the Charlton game but I was a young lad and it was different times. We have won enough now so we can't use the I was just overcome with excitement excuse.

The PL can fuck off and add a pitch invasion charge to the other 100+ charges against us.

The PL won’t stop until they’ve destroyed City and done what the red shirt clubs

The PL can indeed fuck right off.

But there is no need for a pitch invasion imo, this year. For a variety of reasons, that is probably a thread in its own right.

The PL can indeed fuck right off.

But there is no need for a pitch invasion imo, this year. For a variety of reasons, that is probably a thread in its own right.

Agree. A pitch invasion reflects the game and circumstances. You win a playoff game or the last game of the season then fair enough. But to do it against Chelsea, when there are two more games to come just doesn't warrant one. There wouldn't be the same rollercoaster ride to it, even if we come back from 3-0 down to do it. The fact is we'd have two more games to get those points and the drama isn't there.

Agree. A pitch invasion reflects the game and circumstances. You win a playoff game or the last game of the season then fair enough. But to do it against Chelsea, when there are two more games to come just doesn't warrant one. There wouldn't be the same rollercoaster ride to it, even if we come back from 3-0 down to do it. The fact is we'd have two more games to get those points and the drama isn't there.

I only did a pitch invasion once. Well, it was hardly an invasion. Final game of the season, utterly meaningless game against — I think — Sunderland. We had played meaningless drivel. So had they.
I was close to the wall at the front of the Kippax, and like maybe a hundred other teenagers there, just felt like going for a bit of a stroll on the Maine Road turf. The players had already left the pitch. The (three, elderly) stewards looked on benignly. Three or four minutes, then I was off it. Glad to say I walked on that hallowed turf at least once. Must have been in about ’71, I reckon.
I hope there's no pitch invasion on Sunday. I really do. In the current hostile climate, it would be tantamount to sabotaging the club.

Last edited:
The fixtures have fallen well for us this weekend. Arsenal play before us vs Forrest who also play before Leeds so they need something from the game.

It may be all over by the time we play Chelsea - I can genuinely see Arsenal dropping points against a team at home fighting to save relegation. At the very least we will know exactly what we have to do.
I'd love Arsenal to win to make our game mean more but also I want Forest to win because I want to see the end of Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.