The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be accused of throwing it to let Brighton catch the dippers...

which would be true ;-)
Quite probably.
However, I will ask you this question.
With the league already won do you not think that a little bit of the edge would have been chamfered off some of the regular starters, whereas a couple of young hungry lions with a point to prove may perform close to the level of those regulars?
Whatever the case, it will be Pep's decision and I'm happy with that.

Scousers steal the metal.

Whereas we steel the mettle!

Just looked that up, since it's a phrase I've been using all my life without really thinking about where it comes from (i.e. to be on your mettle). My Penguin English Dictionary claims that “mettle” is simply a variant of “metal”. I reckon their lexicographers are wrong on that. The Oxford English Dictionary would know.

Just looked that up, since it's a phrase I've been using all my life without really thinking about where it comes from (i.e. to be on your mettle). My Penguin English Dictionary claims that “mettle” is simply a variant of “metal”. I reckon their lexicographers are wrong on that. The Oxford English Dictionary would know.
GDM is your man for this.

Quite probably.
However, I will ask you this question.
With the league already won do you not think that a little bit of the edge would have been chamfered off some of the regular starters, whereas a couple of young hungry lions with a point to prove may perform close to the level of those regulars?
Whatever the case, it will be Pep's decision and I'm happy with that.

Not sure about the first part — Pep is virtually military with his players, anyone not pulling their weight even in dead rubbers gets hooked — but definitely agree with the second part. Wouldn't mind seeing young Cole get another chance, actually. The kid's got skill, no question. His attitude can be developed, I believe. He's still very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.