The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. A pitch invasion reflects the game and circumstances. You win a playoff game or the last game of the season then fair enough. But to do it against Chelsea, when there are two more games to come just doesn't warrant one. There wouldn't be the same rollercoaster ride to it, even if we come back from 3-0 down to do it. The fact is we'd have two more games to get those points and the drama isn't there.

I loved the scenes if the 2012 one. Loved them. The guy droppong on his knees in tears, the oldyin walking round on his own just soaking it in, the general euphoria and shock of it all, after years of waiting.

I didn't really like last year's one, with the main imagery being selfie takers, youths breaking the goals, getting in rival players faces and way etc. But I can also get the low to high of 2-0 to 3-2, particularly given how tight that end run-in was and the build-up over the season.

This year, if we go on to win it against Chelsea, it would to me feel like a pre decided token gesture for which there is no real need imo. The edge isn't the same, the wait is certainly not the same.

Plus, after last year there have been warnings and a lot said, surely we can be bigger than trying to piss on everything 'of the establishment'. We already boo the uefa anthem, we have the charges to get fucked, do we really need another distraction to what this team is achieving. Plus, if we are embracing this image of being serial winners and the greatest side in recent and not so recent history, a consecitive pre planned pitch invasion doesn't exactly reinforce that.

Thanks for that and much appreciated.

Congratulations, Mancs, on another title. I was at the Emirates today and Brighton did a number on us but frankly, I thought they were the better side. We looked jaded and kind of proved my point in countless posts on here from early in the season when I knew we didn’t have the strength of depth to cover injuries to key players. Anyway, no excuses, you have the strongest squad in the league so no surprise. I hope you win the treble by the way and if not, at least squash Man U at Wembley.

Enjoy your summer and for me it’s cricket time now. Hoping Kent can surprise me and do something (unlikely) and more importantly, we win the Ashes!

See you in August.
Good to have you back mate, always appreciate your views. Good luck Kent but not at Lancashires expense.

Possibly. A man of many faces, perhaps? I've never met him.
Tired, emotional and dishevelled down the local. But putting on a bow tie before typing his posts on here.
That's the image, and I'm sticking to it.
You’ll like him when you do meet him, he’s got charisma and chutzpah in equal measure

Some of the best scenes from football are when people are on the pitch after their team have won the league and yet youve got some fannys on here having panic attacks at the very thought.

Yeah bring it on, bring the big invasion again just to post photos on social media and touch a player, only for FA to remove 3-4 points from the team and not win the PL, the hard earned work of the team to be destroyed, us the City fans to feel a nail in our heart about this for next 3-40 years, overall a great idea this pitch invasion indeed.

Some of the best scenes from football are when people are on the pitch after their team have won the toss league and yet youve got some fannys on here having panic attacks at the very thought.
What about the people that just want to see the players and coaches react to winning the league. I have not seen that yet at a City game? The pitch is NOT for the fans.

Our next title will see us draw level with Everton, have us 1 away from 10 and 4 away from Arsenal.

View attachment 79219
I remember an Everton fan on here saying it'll take us a while to catch them trophy-wise after we won the Cup in 2011 (he wasn't being a smartarse). I looked at their trophy haul and thought 'God, it'll take us a long time to catch up with their league wins.' 12 years later and we're a win away. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.