The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly pressure! We can handle it we've proven it time and time again, they've got to show they can now
Very true. And that's why even if arsenal win tommorow the pressure they've never really dealt with last year they were in top 4 with 4 games to go and went to spurs and messed it all up from there.
I'm also waiting to see how arsenal deal with injuries they've only really had Jesus out yet.

We just need to improve ourselves. We play arsenal twice, arsenal have to go to anfield, Newcastle yet. Theres lots of pressure ahead and tl be honest artera this past week or so has shown signs of it getting to him..... I think peps also being quite suttle about putting pressure on arsenal with comments like we're not going to win it ramping up the arsenal pressure

1. I don't think you've got the best cb pairing personally I feel Newcastle with having the best defensive record has. The issue not being mentioned is the injuries weve had in defence which has unabled us to actually pick our best back 4.

2. You mention pace. With it being arsenal's first title challenge in years teams are more open against you. So pace matters it's less so when teams play blocks of 10. Yes we're missing an alternative but I wouldn't really say.

3. I think (not just you) but a few I've seen are saying it's due to haaland it not it's due to the form of keV and foden. Haaland isn't an issue we won two title with a striker btw under pep. It's easy to point the finger at haaland but this is about form and confidence and maybe even motivation

Also your controversial point sound like Liverpool fans use to. Your teams suddenly better than a team thats won 4 out the last 5 titles yes were not on form and you guys are playing out your skin to be where you are. The mere fact that we're still within touching distance of you guys and if you guys don't beat spurs tommorow which is probable given the home team usually wins the NLD city could be above you by the next time u play.

Arsenal have been very fortunate that they've had next to no injuries. And city aren't playing great form wise.

Thats my point, your not playing well. This patchy form could last the season.

As for Newcastle defence, they draw too many games. having the best defence shouldnt be as simple as who has conceded the least goals. Sure you shouldn't concede many, but does Newcastle play a high line that allows their forward players to get forward? Newcastle have won 9 and drawn 8. There defence isnt aggressive enough. They sit to deep.

We have also missed Partey, ZInchenko, Tomiyasu, Jesus, throught the season, and ESR all season. How many more injureies do we need?

Very true. And that's why even if arsenal win tommorow the pressure they've never really dealt with last year they were in top 4 with 4 games to go and went to spurs and messed it all up from there.
I'm also waiting to see how arsenal deal with injuries they've only really had Jesus out yet.

We just need to improve ourselves. We play arsenal twice, arsenal have to go to anfield, Newcastle yet. Theres lots of pressure ahead and tl be honest artera this past week or so has shown signs of it getting to him..... I think peps also being quite suttle about putting pressure on arsenal with comments like we're not going to win it ramping up the arsenal pressure
Yep, world cup year throwing it too its mid jan, but really in fixtures it mid december wouldn't have hit xmas yet?

Thats my point, your not playing well. This patchy form could last the season.

As for Newcastle defence, they draw too many games. having the best defence shouldnt be as simple as who has conceded the least goals. Sure you shouldn't concede many, but does Newcastle play a high line that allows their forward players to get forward? Newcastle have won 9 and drawn 8. There defence isnt aggressive enough. They sit to deep.

We have also missed Partey, ZInchenko, Tomiyasu, Jesus, throught the season, and ESR all season. How many more injureies do we need?
It could last the season or it could change. My point remains though you've had your best performances and been at a high level and as you point out were not playing well but we're still second and within distance of you guys.

Draws are more on the front like though isn't it if the defence are keeping clean sheets.you build things from keeping a clean sheet. I have a personal preference of Newcastle's defenders don't get me wrong yours have been great too.

I meant like longer term injuries. Tomyasu doesn't really play it's like me saying gomez esr hasn't been availae all seasln. You said you had the best 11 and really partay probably missed 3/4 games max I guess. I mean what happens for example if like city Salibas out like we've had Dias laporte and stones all at different points since the season began which I think has had an affect of performance and probably contributes towards us not looking right. What happens when your first 11 doesnt work right we've seen artera against newcastle with his subs or lack off and your main transfer target has gone to Chelsea.

It's just us city fans have had Liverpool fans tell us they've got the best in every position like your trying to tell me . It's not a critism or anything and I respect arsenal's form and performances this year. But what happens if you don't beat spurs tommorow and you potentially end up second in space of a week to a team as you point out as not being in form of great.

Its not a dig at arsenal if a dig at our own levels being below but fortunately we're still second. Even if you guys go 8poinfs clear I still don't rule is out of anything because I don't think this form lasts the season personally. And we're yet to play eachother. With 20 games left and I've seen this set of players pull us back, I saw last year Liverpool claw a 7point gap back.

Worst case scenario is Arsenal win today and we're 8 points behind. Having to play them twice still is huge (massive if you like). We need to go on one of our big winning streaks, at least 10 games.

Best case scenario is spurs win today. We can then still be ahead of them by the time we kick off against them in the league. The next 3 weeks are as big as it gets.

something about City seems off. Even earlier on in the season when people were talking about City, they were being cited as perhaps the best PL team in history. I think as Haaland was breaking records left right centre. But despite this your goal difference is only 2 above us (and we are a team many pundits are still not convinced by).

Some of my takes that can explain the current league table. Some will not be popular mind you.

1. Arsenals pairing of Saliba and Gabriel is the best centre half pairing int he league. Both young, quick athletes playing in a natural LCB RCB pairing and with no rotation they vibe and have an understanding playing together week to week. Contrast to the amount of different pairings Pep utilizes, its one thing to have squad depth, but there are disadvantages to having a different pairing every game. City would be better if Pep picks his best pairing and plays them week to week.

2. No real pace on the flanks, no wide forwards who like to dribble and pass their man. Grealish, Mahrez and Foden dont relish being one on one with their opposite marker. They dont drive forward and attack the goal. Saka and Martinelli by contrast relish trying to take their man on and drive into the box.

3. fullback options. I think our collective options at fullback White/Tomiyasu Zinchenko/Tierney are better than yours, aided by the fact Cancelo is out of form and Walker is 33.

4. Haaland has made you more one dimensional. Does not get involved in the buildup and is only there for the end of the move. Weve seen Liverpool have success with a non-prolific Firmino, and we did well with Jesus and still consider him critical to our play. Yourselves used to win all the time without a striker at all.

Final take, most controversial of all. I reckon our first team is better than yours, mainly due to the fact every player in our first team is built for the position they play in. Where as Foden for instance is more of a midfielder but gets played as a left forward. Foden isnt a better left forward than Martinelli.
Can't argue with any of that.

I get your point here. But if arsenal don't beat spurs tommorow and actually loose and we win our following 2 against spurs and wolves big if we'd actually be top before they play United.
Yes I also thought that but the way the week has gone footballing wise I wasn't going to hope for too much

One of the biggest problems we have is that we have the same players going to the well season in season out and the water is drying up . Teams needs to evolve with a lot of our main players getting to the end . Gundo b silva Mahrez cancelo Laporte Walker and maybe kdb are al reaching the end of there city careers. We need. New signings to evolve and bring out the best in players like grealish haaland and Julian . Sad but we are needing a major rebuild .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.