The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe this. I’m no happy clapper, glass half full character but this team and manager have proven they don’t give up and although Arsenal are cruising right now there is a long way to go.

I accept that something has change about how we are playing, attitude, whatever is going on behind the scenes and I fully expect it to get sorted, things to click and for us to close the gap.

In 2012 we were 8 points behind with 6 games to play…..

I understand this viewpoint but we look lopsided and a shadow of ourselves. In fact the best we've played in ages was against Chelsea and that was without our so called star players. We were fluent, fast, pressed hard and controlled the game. Admittedly Chelsea were poor but they had a strong side out and they couldn't live with us that day.

We have some tough games coming up and we failed the first one on Saturday. The margin for anymore error is getting slimmer.

We'll be just fine. I'm sure we can and will still lift the title.

We should know better than anyone what it takes and the pressure which builds with every passing week.

Let's see where we are first before Arsenal kick off against United next Sunday afternoon.

The Arsenal FA Cup game also comes at a good time and will give us a real opportunity to plant a further seed.

Arsenal will also still be coming to Newcastle, Liverpool and City.

We’ve closed gaps before with fewer games left too. Arsenal playing well and winning in good sporting style. No cheating etc. so no complaints about them being where they are.

We have been a bit unlucky in the games we have drawn or lost recently, although clearly not at our best. Last year we got some luck (handball v EFC). Talking to a dipper and we wondered if the mental toil of the last few seasons is catching up.

Beat Arsenal home and away and the gap is two points, so still doable.

One worry though is that in big games we seem to struggle immediately after injustice or a shock. We ‘lost it’ after the first goal on Saturday and against RM in the semi last season.

We should know better than anyone what it takes and the pressure which builds with every passing week.

Let's see where we are first before Arsenal kick off against United next Sunday afternoon.

The Arsenal FA Cup game also comes at a good time and will give us a real opportunity to plant a further seed.

I wish I had you belief mate
Big at the moment it’s not arsenal that’s the concern, it’s us.
We are boring, predictable and not creating enough chances
Sort that amd im sure we can win it
At the moment I wouldn’t necessarily back us to beat arsenal in any of them games either

You seem to know things that are going on behind the scenes, what do you think it is? For me the players look fed up of trying to play a False 9 system with a world class striker feeding off scraps. The constant passing is slapping them.

Title chase or not, there is no way I will be rooting for anything other than a royal fucking for the Scum
That’s just weird. That’s like saying ‘I want hate United more than I love City’.

We should want the best aim for City to win the league and the only things that matter in that regard are what City do and Arsenal losing points.

You seem to know things that are going on behind the scenes, what do you think it is? For me the players look fed up of trying to play a False 9 system with a world class striker feeding off scraps. The constant passing is slapping them.
I think it’s all to do with the inconsistent chopping and changing base of the team at the back and not having our best players playing back there.

If you could tell me that we would have a rotation of Stones Dias and Laporte fit and playing well for the rest of the season with Walker and Cancelo to add to that, I’d say I’d be confident we could chase Arsenal down and win the league. It sets the tone for the entire way our team plays.

When we’ve had to play Akanji so much as well as Stones and Ake at full back, despite both of them having brilliant games at times, it’s changed the way we’ve played too much as a team away from our proper basis at the back and at full back.

If we have to mostly play Akanji and Ake at the back or have the put Stones or Ake at full back too much for the rest of the season, I’d say that we definitely won’t win the league.

That’s where we just need to forget about the league title and just concentrate on beating Spurs on Thursday. At the moment the title doesn’t exist for us.

What we do about our lack of pace and directness in attack, I don’t know. We’ve lost so much of that going forward, Foden seems like the odd man out now as he’s the only player we have with any pace and directness in the wings when he was part of a wider collective of that style when we had Sterling and Jesus up there n’all. But I’m certain the better base at the back will add greater stability to the way we play.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are to go on some kind of winning run to fight for our title, it must begin on thursday, we need to destroy spurs with a devastating performance.

City definitely need to win the two Arsenal fixtures. Get their lead down to a point or two and then see how they handle real pressure.

I hope so but I do remember the season Liverpool won it - the mentality changed once they had a seed we can't win it. The team needs a kick up the arse as does Pep -

I watched bits of the Arsenal game yesterday - going forward they are very good - lots of energy but defensively they can be got at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.