The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defence looks too fragile right now for a proper challenge pep needs to find a defensive four and stick with it for most games

They're undoubtedly going to be hard to shift. The big unanswered question is how they perform during the run-in. Continuing to consistently pick up points against teams in the last ten games, some who are battling for their existence in the top flight and others playing for European places. All while having the pressure of a fanbase that hasn't won the league for 20 years on your shoulders. That pressure will tell on those players who haven't been there before... will it be enough to stop them? I don't know.

It took a mighty effort for us to get over that line in 2012. It's going to require a similar strength of mentality from them.

Agreed. Today was the first day they played with any type of pressure we were even able to apply.

They came through it but we know better than anyone else the title race hasn't even started yet.

I don't think it will come down to our game against them at Etihad, we will have either broken ourselves or them by that stage.

Today is just the day it officially because a two-horse race.

Arsenal must go to Newcastle, Liverpool and us. Three games where nine points are all up for grabs.

It's on us. One game at a time and a win at Spurs would be nice.

Agreed. Today was the first day they played with any type of pressure we were even able to apply.

They came through it but we know better than anyone else the title race hasn't even started yet.

I don't think it will come down to our game against them at Etihad, we will have either broken ourselves or them by that stage.

Today is just the day it officially because a two-horse race.

Arsenal must go to Newcastle, Liverpool and us. Three games where nine points are all up for grabs.

It's on us. One game at a time and a win at Spurs would be nice.
City may have to win at Spurs, beat Newcastle and Liverpool at home, and beat Arsenal twice. Arsenal is really playing well.

As long as we’re no more than 6 points behind with 8 games to go I think we’ll still win it. But we have to stay in touch whilst there in this moment - when Europa starts again their squad will be challenged, unless they sacrifice that comp.

On 50 points halfway into the season, having lost only one game and drawn two. 5 points clear with a game in hand.

And people are still bloody flippantly writing them off like a 4th place contender. Pep was right, the fans are complacent.

We can still win this, because there is still a lot to play for, and we get to play them twice. But, if we do it will be because we have found a way to be damn near well perfect and have really put in a hell of a run. Not because they have finally collapsed like many seem to think they will purely for taking it for granted.

Arsenal winning the league seems just as inevitable as our win in 2017/2018. The fact that we need to win against Spurs(A), Villa(H) and Arsenal(A) just to be potentially 5 points behind is ridiculous. I think the gap will become a double digit gap during those fixtures, unfortunately.

Today proved we are right in it and it takes only one bad result for Arsenal to be feeling the heat.

People are too quick to throw in the towel or crown Arsenal as champions.

If the last few weeks have shown anything, it is a crap draw against Everton and robbery at United, could have seen us at least three points better off and the gap would be two.

The gap isn't, but evidences how just one bad result flips the script.

If we can win at Spurs and beat Villa, we will have a tremendous chance going in to the Arsenal game.
Do you see Arteta fucking it off next week?

Arsenal winning the league seems just as inevitable as our win in 2017/2018. The fact that we need to win against Spurs(A), Villa(H) and Arsenal(A) just to be potentially 5 points behind is ridiculous. I think the gap will become a double digit gap during those fixtures, unfortunately.
Yea good Job they beat united tonight ain't it, I got hounded got backing scum lol.

Another lacking balls

Is it a given that Arsenal will win their games before our game with them? No, it isn't. We drew games with Everton (h), Huddersfield (h) and Burnley (a) when we won 100 pts. Arsenal will drop points when people don't expect it.

Think we are going to win the title even if we don't beat them twice. The aim now is to stay in the title race. Stay in the race in February and get closer to them in March and April. If we are 2 pts off the top after the game with Arsenal in April, we'll have an excellent chance to win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.