The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying that some posters are rather reactionary and tend to post the first thing that comes into their heads?

It's how this forum (and others) roll
Unfortunately true. A sizeable number tend to "shoot first, ask questions later", instead of counting to 10 before hitting "post reply". No one minds constructive criticism, it's actually welcome. But posts like "@#%+£# is shit, sell him" don't really further any debate. And a lot of us on here remember pulling back worse deficits than we've (hopefully) done this season. As you said, though, this is a forum with extremes of views on all sorts of subjects, not just football. And it's not going to change anytime soon. Just enjoy the ride,I suppose.

Unfortunately true. A sizeable number tend to "shoot first, ask questions later", instead of counting to 10 before hitting "post reply". No one minds constructive criticism, it's actually welcome. But posts like "@#%+£# is shit, sell him" don't really further any debate. And a lot of us on here remember pulling back worse deficits than we've (hopefully) done this season. As you said, though, this is a forum with extremes of views on all sorts of subjects, not just football. And it's not going to change anytime soon. Just enjoy the ride,I suppose.
Although it's better than it used to be, but I've popped into the matchday thread a couple of times and it's just a stream of consciousness

some more stats i like

If we win the league then we move up to 4th in the table of english champions with 9 wins. Only United (20), Arse (13) and red scouse (19) above us.

If we beat brentford we will have beaten all premier league sides for a 3rd season, which is a record

If we win our remaining premier league games we equal our own record for winning runs to the end of the season (14)

If KDB wins the playmaker of the season award (he is 5 assists ahead of Saka as I type) it will be a record 3rd win. He is 4 assists away from equalling his own premier league record of assists in a season (20)

Haaland needs to score in one more league game to equal salahs record of scoring in 24 premier league matches in a season. Obviously if he scores in 2 he beats the record.

If Haaland scores against either Brentford or chelsea he equals the record for most teams scored against in a single season (17). Obviously if he scores in both he beats the record.

Haaland is one hat trick away from equalling shearers record for most in a premier league season (5).

“City destroyed Arsenal this weekend. They destroyed them mentally and, because of that, destroyed them physically too. They beat their wings at Goodison Park and several hours later a tornado hit the capital.” - Martin Samuel

Arsenal took to the field like men who believed title race was over
Loved this part:

"This is what City do: they mess with minds, they tamper with temperaments. Does anyone believe that Liverpool’s travails this season are not in part the sheer mental and physical toll of trying to keep pace across five seasons with a team as relentless as this? And Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool were better than the present Arsenal side. Is it any wonder they cracked?"

Our next title will see us draw level with Everton, have us 1 away from 10 and 4 away from Arsenal.

View attachment 79219
Yeah good point. In a historical context then, edging out Arsenal this year is important. 6 titles behind them when we’ve “only” won 8 in our history seems a huge gap - 4 behind having won 9 seems much more bridgeable.

People are forgetting typical City. Arsenal will thrash Forest and Raheem will sneak a stoppage time winner at the Etihad. We will then draw at Brighton before coming back from 2-0 down at Brentford to snatch a last minute equaliser and retain the title on goal difference.
And pussyheart was on verge of getting bj from a blonde but last minute alarm clock woke him up only to find himself piloting his own helicopter.
It was wet and messy but everyone lived happily after.
The end.

People are forgetting typical City. Arsenal will thrash Forest and Raheem will sneak a stoppage time winner at the Etihad. We will then draw at Brighton before coming back from 2-0 down at Brentford to snatch a last minute equaliser and retain the title on goal difference.
The scary bit is that many of us believe that could happen. Was all prepared for a nice easy stress free win against Villa not having post match PTSD and woke up at 4am having to flick through the web pages on my phone to convince myself we really had scored 3 late on half pissed. The missus thought the house was on fire or we'd been burgled and was not happy as I explained my concern I dreamt the comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.