The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A win or draw for Villa tonight and Champions League qualification is practically over for Spurs by Tuesday night. Might that be a factor in how they approach the game? Who's to say, but it'd be one less motivation for them.

They'll have something at stake either way as they're not confirmed as 5th yet. They've had something to play for over the past month and have been quite poor so I don't think we need the pressure to be lifted.

They'll have something at stake either way as they're not confirmed as 5th yet. They've had something to play for over the past month and have been quite poor so I don't think we need the pressure to be lifted.
A demotivated Spurs is a disinterested Spurs.

Tomorrow is one of the biggest games since the takeover for me.

We’ve won titles, we’ve won cups, we’ve won Champions Leagues and we’ve won trebles. Teams have done that before though and in most of those instances they do it every single season.

No team in history however has ever won 4 top flight English titles in the men’s game. It would be a truly historic achievement and cement City as being the new pinnacle of English football.

I think it's been largely underestimated on here just how big a deal it will have been to the club. Pep is all about records. When Bayern won their 4th in a row under Pep (3rd in a row with him) he'd covered the club from head to toe in the number 4 to ensure it was the clear ambition of the season. And I'm certain he'll have been ramming that down the player's throats this season and telling them just how big a deal it would be to go and do it.

I don't need the drama this time around to make it special. The fact it's the first time it would have been achieved in this country - 136 years of football history - is more than enough. 152 games (give or take) in 4 campaigns, being the best. Absolutely staggering if we can get it done.

My Mum is a clairvoyant and she has told me we will draw tommorow but still win the league on goal difference. Going to be a mad sunday.

I’m certainly not wishing it, and a win tomorrow night is the only sensible outcome that any City fan could hope and wish for, but I’m not going to deny that if we were held to a draw at Spurs, and Arsenal were to win on Sunday, then winning the league in those circumstances would be up there with any of the other memories we’ve been lucky enough to acquire over the last 13 years.

That said, I’d still rather we won both!
What would also be a great memory would be to be the first team in English football history to win the league 4 times in a row by winning our last two games by a combined total of 17-0.

Tomorrow is one of the biggest games since the takeover for me.

We’ve won titles, we’ve won cups, we’ve won Champions Leagues and we’ve won trebles. Teams have done that before though and in most of those instances they do it every single season.

No team in history however has ever won 4 top flight English titles in the men’s game. It would be a truly historic achievement and cement City as being the new pinnacle of English football.

Absolutely, and boy do I think this side deserves that! That's why I have wanted this one so much all year, beacuse I can't think of better recognition for this group of players and manager.

People arguing Arsenal deserve it more, they simply don't. Why, because they improved on last season when they didn't win anything? Not this season alone, never mind the context of the last half a decade and what this team has been doing.

And hopefully that's what will see them over the line.

They won't once the game starts if they are still in with a chance of top 4.

Even if they did, we'd still have a game to win.

Besides, their manager today called for an atmosphere like they usually do, to support their tram and he was clear he wants to win. And he came across like he meant it, not just the token line.

Not that either makes much of a difference imo. It is a game of football to be played and won. Not given or wished away.

I’m certainly not wishing it, and a win tomorrow night is the only sensible outcome that any City fan could hope and wish for, but I’m not going to deny that if we were held to a draw at Spurs, and Arsenal were to win on Sunday, then winning the league in those circumstances would be up there with any of the other memories we’ve been lucky enough to acquire over the last 13 years.

That said, I’d still rather we won both!

I took your post that disagreed with mine saying I wouldn't wish it, as at least partly being open to wanting it. Glad to read otherwise though. Not that I think you have the ability to wish it to reality of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.