The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's difficult to evaluate the aggregate opinion of an entire fanbase, most of us will have anecdotal cases of friends and colleagues who support other teams. For me what matters the most is the collective behavior of the match-going fans, how they treat us publicly as a crowd. I like to think it's mostly those armchair 'fans' from Nigeria, Indonesia and other football loving countries, the variety who couldn't find Anfield or Old Trafford on a map if their life depended on it, who are our most rabid abusers on social media.

But the hate is contagious and if our winning streak continues, probably more and more will hate us for it and start spreading lies. Otherwise, what could motivate a (supposedly) match-going Wolves fan to log in yesterday after the match, on a random generalist forum, and type shit like this:

View attachment 118956

So, to my understanding, this moron watches our game on tv, hoping from the bottom of his guts that we fail, and then spends about 10 minutes of his mortal life on a random forum typing this, and then logs out and goes to sleep, probably thinking he's right and he 'showed' us. I suspect there's a lot of these individuals in all fanbases, hating us with passion for a variety of reasons.
Posted at 5pm says it all

Are we sure the league totals are correct or is it because they use "Arabic" numbers,fkn sneaky that.

I think this goes some way to explaining what it takes to win the premier league these day, Results from beginning of Jan.

W W W W W W W W D W W L W W W W W

That isn't our results it's Arsenals and the Draw was against us!
Imagine putting that run together and not winning the league?

they may win it yet

I will be there on Sunday even if we are 3-0 up at half time very few people will be singing champions, our competitors thought they had won it already, that’s the difference in mindset we know the slings and arrows of misfortune, we wait until the fat lady sings. If Arsenal win it fair play to them, if Liverpool had won it fair play to them
Yep

That infamous Bournemouth game never leaves you

Why is It that the phrase ‘nobody to blame but ourselves’ from an Arsenal supporter is immediately followed by ‘but’ and then a charge sheet that shifts the blame elsewhere?

Lots of Arsenal fans cursing their defeat to Villa but the game against us at the Etihad should be haunting them too. We were below par that day and they could have beaten us if they’d shown a bit more ambition. But they were content to shut up shop and get a point - teams with serious title aspirations should be going for the kill in those circumstances.
Not winning that game left Arsenal with zero margin for error and it came back to bite them against Villa.
Had that discussion with my whining director this morning he's an Arsenal season ticket holder, wouldn't accept that legohead gambled that playing like Simone's side for a point instead of trying to win the game was on his believe they would win all remaining games. Ultimately that gamble might cost them the title, ironically is if they had of beaten us then the villa game would have been very different and he and the rest of the arsenal fans wouldn't have been shitting themselves when it was 0-0 30 mins in.

I think this goes some way to explaining what it takes to win the premier league these day, Results from beginning of Jan.

W W W W W W W W D W W L W W W W W

That isn't our results it's Arsenals and the Draw was against us!
Imagine putting that run together and not winning the league?
They got 40 points from the first 20 games. Pro rated over a season 78 points. That was also includes beating City. Their first half of the season just wasn't good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.