The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True and to that extent I was being deliberately diplomatic with the truth. But not withstanding that's a hell of a run of results to not win the league. If indeed they don't, because has others have rightly pointed out it's not decided yet.
It works the other way around too. If we weren't to win it, look at the run of form we would have had and miss out.

Just one more win.
Bring on Sunday. This team, this manager and this club are absolutely amazing.
To do the treble last season and to go again and put themselves in control of their own destiny after spending most of it 2nd or 3rd shows character, desire and that winning mentality.

I said a few weeks ago this team was smelling blood and that they was tuning into the task ahead.

Bloody brilliant.

We are unbeaten in 34 games in all competitions. We are unbeaten in Europe for 2 years now (penalty shootouts aside) and we have won 18 from the last 22 league games. Even the 18/19 team wasn't on such a run.
It's funny as I'm simultaneously holding both of these positions in my head at once: I don't think this and last year's side play as exciting or pretty football as the centurions and domestic treble sides BUT I think they're a touch more stubborn and hard to beat across all competitions. Our highs aren't as high but our lows aren't as low either. And that people play down the quality of our football when in any other era a potential 91 point finish, unbeaten since November would be spoken about as one of the all time great teams.

Little reminder to those waffling about boring dominance:

Trafford Redsoxx won the PL 13 times in 21 seasons. We surely have the same right before anyone starts to moan, no?

As we - to this minute - have already won 7 PL titles in 12 seasons, we still would have to win 6 more til May 2032 to be on par with the rags. That's 6 out of 9 to come, and Sunday should be the first of those.

Just to give the groaning PL fans an idea what could happen before anything new appears in history.

And the product didn't suffer back then nor now. Aren't we just witnessing a cracking title race?
How many of those 13 PL wins in 21 seasons were settled on the last day or had a proper title race ?

I genuinely thought that Son moment was us getting a painful one during a tight run-in to make up for Aguero, Vinny don't shoot, and Gundo making the scousers cry. We have lived a charmed fucking life over the years.
If we led a charmed life this season we wouldn't have pissed away so many points from winning positions and we'd have sewn up the title two or three weeks ago.

If we led a charmed life this season we wouldn't have pissed away so many points from winning positions and we'd have sewn up the title two or three weeks ago.
We've also won a few games having been behind, so swings and roundabouts really.

We've had a great season for me, regardless of the final outcome on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.