The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think 89 wins it this season

More like 86 pts. Arsenal are in the CL which will cost them points. Liverpool have a new midfield and are not sufficiently organised, plus they lack a proper DM.

Imo, 86 pts win the title.

In the next 4 weeks we play Liverpool and Spurs at home and Villa away. I fancy us to beat anyone at home, but these 2 games against Spurs and Liverpool will be tough and Villa away won't be easy. 7 points out of 9 would be a more than decent return out of these 3 games, fingers crossed.

Its a pity we didn't hold out for draws against Arsenal and Wolves.
We would be 7 points ahead of Arsenal now and I couldn't see them pulling that back.
Agree, but they still have to look up and see themselves 3 points behind having already had that fortunate win at home. Their only remaining reference point regarding us is a Springtime beatdown awaiting them at the Etihad.

Besides, we're the much better side to begin with and they're looking quite shaky at the moment. People keep referring to last year. I look at the second half of the season when they earned all of 34 points playing at a 68 point pace for over 4 months...

Arsenal won’t be around come what May I still think Liverpool will be our main rivals then spurs

Still think we will walk it this season. I said this in September and got called delusional.
I can't see anyone finishing higher than City. We just made our best start and in January when KDB comes back we'll get even better. We have the best defence and the best midfield and the best striker in the league.
I believe Doku will be a major part of breaking down previously difficult parked buses and of us winning another EPL.

I watched Liverpool today, bang average and lucky to get the ref to give them enough time to equalise against the mighty Luton. Spuds haven’t had many top teams so far. If we can keep our top guys fit and injury free, no team can play like we do, even without De Bruyne, Haaland, we still have Foden, Bernado, Doku, Rodri, and others, good times for City fans

Arsenal won’t be around come what May I still think Liverpool will be our main rivals then spurs
I don’t know if you happened to watch Liverpool today, but they looked miles off a title challenge. I thought Arsenal looked pretty good yesterday, The problem for Arsenal is I’m not sure they have enough goals in their side.

Let's not forget we still haven't seen Kev this season things will only get better.
With the exception of Rags winning its been a perfect weekend.Fancy a draw Monday night too.
IT'S GREAT BEING A BLUE

Leicester wouldn’t have won in a league with Pep and Klopp (i realise he technically joins halfway through that season but you know what I mean, he hadn’t built the side yet).
Klopp ffs

He’s won the league the same amount of times Ranieri has

I hate the way people bracket Pep and Klopp together as though their achievements and influence on the game are broadly similar. By all means put Klopp in the same basket as Tuchel or Conte or Poch maybe but he’s probably not in the same class as Ancelotti and he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Pep (even though City and Liverpool have “shared” the previous 6 league titles)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.